Adjusting Volume on mp3 Files Without Downloading Programs

I just wanted to know if there is a way to adjust the volume on a mp3 file without having to download any programs like MP3 Gain, Media Monkey, etc.?  And, even if there isn’t a way, where do you find that information within the file if you don’t have one of those programs downloaded yet?  Thanks for any input.

Google the “Relative Volume Adjustment” (RVA2) field in ID3v2 tags.

@helper_2007 wrote:

I just wanted to know if there is a way to adjust the volume on a mp3 file without having to download any programs like MP3 Gain, Media Monkey, etc.?

No, but MP3GAIN works very well.

@helper_2007 wrote:

I just wanted to know if there is a way to adjust the volume on a mp3 file without having to download any programs like MP3 Gain, Media Monkey, etc.?  And, even if there isn’t a way, where do you find that information within the file if you don’t have one of those programs downloaded yet?  Thanks for any input.

If the file has never been replaygain scanned, there is no way to know the perceptual volume without first decoding it and then analyzing the resulting wav file with a tool like replaygain, soundcheck, etc.

Then of course, one could always just use the Volume control. :smileyvery-happy: