Adding songs- please help!

i haven’t got WMP11, and it won’t install it on my computer - something about genuine windows…
i opened “my computer”, opened the sansa folder, and there have got many other folders. i went into the music folder, and dragged and dropped the file i wanted into it. but when i disconnected the device from the computer, no song is on it! (except for the ones that arrived with it)

i did this a couple of times, and it oesn’t work…there isn’t a little symbol at the bottom as shown in the movie, and as i’ve said before i can’t install WMP11…

how can i add songs?!

Message Edited by eipafjlkjss on 12-29-2008 04:49 AM

i’ve just check for the 2 millionth time, and i’ve noticed that on each drawing it says that the sansa file is on driver D, but on my computer it’s on driver E. could that be the problem?if so,what can i do about it?

Message Edited by eipafjlkjss on 12-29-2008 05:22 AM

Message Edited by eipafjlkjss on 12-29-2008 11:48 AM

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE HELP ME?

@eipafjlkjss wrote:

i haven’t got WMP11, and it won’t install it on my computer - something about genuine windows…
i opened “my computer”, opened the sansa folder, and there have got many other folders. i went into the music folder, and dragged and dropped the file i wanted into it. but when i disconnected the device from the computer, no song is on it! (except for the ones that arrived with it)

i did this a couple of times, and it oesn’t work…there isn’t a little symbol at the bottom as shown in the movie, and as i’ve said before i can’t install WMP11…

how can i add songs?!

Start by actualling purchasing a copy of Windows.

@eipafjlkjss wrote:

i’ve just check for the 2 millionth time, and i’ve noticed that on each drawing it says that the sansa file is on driver D, but on my computer it’s on driver E. could that be the problem?if so,what can i do about it?

Message Edited by eipafjlkjss on 12-29-2008 05:22 AM

The Drive D thing is only an example.  You must already have a drive D on your PC. The computer just uses the next available drive letter.

OK…well i’ve gotten a little further and now i’m able to put on the player some songs. the problem is that half of my songs it won’t hold.
i’m trying to put my CDs in the MP3 file, but once i unplug it once again it doesn’t show them…

what can i do?will it really let me add only these praticular fles in this praticular sort?

Ok, take it from the top.   Are you attempting to straight copy CDs that are in the Disc drive of your computer into the Fuze directly?   Because if you are then no that really wont work.   But explain, please, what you are doing.

You need to have some sort of CD ripping software. If you have a legitimate copy of Windows, Media Player is included. Which version depends on which version of Windows you have. XP came with WMP 9. If you have this, you should be able to upgrade (for free) to either WMP 10 or 11.

If this isn’t possible, then there are another alternative media player and ‘rippers’. Some free, some cost $. If you find one, and can rip your CD’s to .mp3 format, set it to save the .mp3 files in your MY MUSIC folder on your computer. Then connect your player in MSC mode (switchable in SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > USB MODE). Your computer will recognize your player as another flash storage device under Devices With Removable Storage in Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and assign it (and the card slot) a drive letter. Depending on how many other drives you have (CD, DVD, Floppy), your player will be the next ascending letter. Mine, of example is F: for the player and G: for the card slot. The drive letter will show up for the card slot whether you have a card inserted or not.

Double-click on your player’s drive/icon and you will see some folders. The MUSIC folder is hidden by default. Go to the TOOLS menu at the upper left, and then select Folder Options… Now click the VIEW tab. Scroll down until you see ‘Show hidden files and folders’. Check this. Now your MUSIC folder should be visible.

Now go down to your green START button (lower left of computer screen) and open up another ‘My Computer’ window, or just choose MY MUSIC if it is there. Once you get to your MY MUSIC folder, find the ARTIST folder of the music you ripped from the CD. Click, hold and drag it over to the other pane containing the MUSIC folder of your player. Put it right on the MUSIC folder icon and release the mouse button.

Voila! This should deposit a copy of the same folders (ARTIST, ALBUM) and song files as is on your computer. This just copies them, It doesn’t move them, so they’ll still be on your computer.

Try this with one album or CD first till you get the hang of it. Un-plug your player (after the screen no longer says ‘Writing’ and just says ‘Connected’); the screen will then say ‘Refreshing your Media’. When it’s done, then go into your MUSIC menu on your player, and then to ARTIST, and you should see it there.

Lather, rinse & repeat.

Piece of cake. :wink:

You need to have some sort of CD ripping software. If you have a legitimate copy of Windows, Media Player is included. Which version depends on which version of Windows you have. XP came with WMP 9. If you have this, you should be able to upgrade (for free) to either WMP 10 or 11.

If this isn’t possible, then there are another alternative media player and ‘rippers’. Some free, some cost $. If you find one, and can rip your CD’s to .mp3 format, set it to save the .mp3 files in your MY MUSIC folder on your computer. Then connect your player in MSC mode (switchable in SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > USB MODE). Your computer will recognize your player as another flash storage device under Devices With Removable Storage in Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and assign it (and the card slot) a drive letter. Depending on how many other drives you have (CD, DVD, Floppy), your player will be the next ascending letter. Mine, for example is F: for the player and G: for the card slot. The drive letter will show up for the card slot whether you have a card inserted or not.

Double-click on your player’s drive/icon and you will see some folders. The MUSIC folder is hidden by default. Go to the TOOLS menu at the upper left, and then select Folder Options… Now click the VIEW tab. Scroll down until you see ‘Show hidden files and folders’. Check this. Now your MUSIC folder should be visible.

Now go down to your green START button (lower left of computer screen) and open up another ‘My Computer’ window, or just choose MY MUSIC if it is there. Once you get to your MY MUSIC folder, find the ARTIST folder of the music you ripped from the CD. Click, hold and drag it over to the other pane containing the MUSIC folder of your player. Put it right on the MUSIC folder icon and release the mouse button.

Voila! This should deposit a copy of the same folders (ARTIST, ALBUM) and song files as is on your computer. This just copies them, It doesn’t move them, so they’ll still be on your computer.

Try this with one album or CD first till you get the hang of it. Un-plug your player (after the screen no longer says ‘Writing’ and just says ‘Connected’); the screen will then say ‘Refreshing your Media’. When it’s done, then go into your MUSIC menu on your player, and then to ARTIST, and you should see it there.

Lather, rinse & repeat.

Piece of cake.

If this isn’t possible, then there are another alternative media player and ‘rippers’. Some free, some cost $. If you find one, and can rip your CD’s to .mp3 format, set it to save the .mp3 files in your MY MUSIC folder on your computer. Then connect your player in MSC mode (switchable in SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > USB MODE on your player). Your computer will recognize your player as another flash storage device under Devices With Removable Storage in Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and assign it (and the card slot) a drive letter. Depending on how many other drives you have (CD, DVD, Floppy), your player will be the next ascending letter. Mine, for example is F: for the player and G: for the card slot. The drive letter will show up for the card slot whether you have a card inserted or not.

Voila! This should deposit a copy of the same folders (ARTIST, ALBUM) and song files as is on your computer. This just copies them; it doesn’t move them, so they’ll still be on your computer.

Lather, rinse & repeat.

Piece of cake. :wink: