"Adding song to Go List" - why wait?

When I add a song to the Go list, a progress bar appears and I have to wait before I can do anything. Why is that? I see no purpose in waiting actually. I know its not a long period of time, but it can be frustrating when I want to add a lot of tracks to the playlist. I think a simple dialog that can be skipped would be much better. This would make the Go list way more useful!

I think it’s because the progress bar is fun to watch.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, that was funny…

Without a progress bar how would anyone know we were making progress??

There’s nothing wrong with progress bars at all. My point was that the whole process is too slow.

I think what OP means is that the process of adding the song to the list could be executed WHILE the frontend is active and lets you pick more songs. Some sort of queue may be needed to keep track of the tracks to be added.

This is exactly what I would love to see!

I know that it seems I’m complaining about trifles. But try making a quick list of songs that you want to hear in a particular order. The need to wait after every single track is a bit irritating.

Message Edited by Riven on 11-13-2008 06:34 AM

We are speeding up the go list progress bar.

You will really like some of the enhancements coming for the go list.

@sansafix wrote:

We are speeding up the go list progress bar.

You will really like some of the enhancements coming for the go list.

Will it be bigger?

Thanks, I can’t wait to see the new firmware than :wink:

BTW - when can we expect it to be released?

New to the Sansa Fuze!

So, forgive my ignorance, but what is a Go-List Used for?

Thanks!

It’s a list of up to 50 songs you can add to (or delete from) ‘on the fly’ while you’re listening to your player.  Any other kind of playlist requires a program and being attached to a computer but the go list can be used or changed anytime, anywhere.

I think that’s right, anyway…

Roger That!

and

THANKS!

Up to 200 in next release :slight_smile:

still slow. can we add songs to go list in a much faster way in computer?

The latest fw release is supposed to allow adding and entire artist/album to the to go list. I haven’t been successful. Has anyone been able to get this feature to work?