Adding new music / artist & album retrieval - need some help?

I’ve got a bunch of DVD’s I Ripped into my library via Windows Media Player - and it’s all categorized by album & Singer.  That was pretty cut and dry.

Now I"m trying to move some mp3 files that I transferred from Cassette Tape to an mp3 file on my computer and trying to wade my way through that. 

* I don’t know how to get my Windows Media Player v11 to import these tracks to my library. 

* In order to get around that - opened my Computer and dragged and dropped them into my music file on the fuze. 

* I can power up my Fuze and listen to the newly added mp3 file via the " recently added " portion of my player - but there is no artist or album folder that I can easily navigate to these audio tracks in the future?

I"m assuming if I can get these mp3 files loaded into my library - I can tag it and categorize it in my player. How do I go about this — OR — is there another way to get these mp3 files that are already on my fuze to be categorized without Windows Media Player

Thanks

@fireball wrote:

Now I"m trying to move some mp3 files that I transferred from Cassette Tape to an mp3 file on my computer and trying to wade my way through that. 

Try adding an ID3 tag to each mp3 file with a utility program like mp3tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ (this is one i use, but there are many other programs that will accomplish this.), then import them into WMPv11.  Or manually copy them to the Fuze. 

This artical has the basic steps for using WMP  http://www.herongyang.com/CD-DVD/Audio-CD-Burn-MP3-Windows-Media-Player-Library.html

Good luck  :slight_smile:

Message Edited by niko_sama on 01-22-2009 06:34 PM

@fireball wrote:

I’ve got a bunch of DVD’s I Ripped into my library via Windows Media Player - and it’s all categorized by album & Singer.  That was pretty cut and dry.

* I don’t know how to get my Windows Media Player v11 to import these tracks to my library

* In order to get around that - opened my Computer and dragged and dropped them into my music file on the fuze. 

* I can power up my Fuze and listen to the newly added mp3 file via the " recently added " portion of my player - but there is no artist or album folder that I can easily navigate to these audio tracks in the future?

I"m assuming if I can get these mp3 files loaded into my library - I can tag it and categorize it in my player. How do I go about this — OR — is there another way to get these mp3 files that are already on my fuze to be categorized without Windows Media Player

Thanks

I don’t know how to get my Windows Media Player v11 to import these tracks to my library

Are these files already on your Pc? If so go to library, and then click the little arrow below it, go down to add to library, and then when the Add to library window opens, click advanced options, then the Add button, select the folder where your files are stored then click ok and it will imort them. 

I can power up my Fuze and listen to the newly added mp3 file via the " recently added " portion of my player - but there is no artist or album folder that I can easily navigate to these audio tracks in the future?

For this you need Tags. Id3tags are how your fuze sets that up. Best thing to do if you dont wanna use WMP is to download mp3tag. It is a free program that does a great job of setting up tags,as well as album art. Then all you have to do is delete the files that dont work right and after editing the files in mp3tag, put them back on your fuze.

@niko_sama wrote:

Try adding an ID3 tag to each mp3 file with a utility program like mp3tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ (this is one i use, but there are many other programs that will accomplish this.), then import them into WMPv11.  Or manually copy them to the Fuze. 

Message Edited by niko_sama on 01-22-2009 06:34 PM

Thanks,

I already had the mp3 tracks saved on my Hard drive of PC computer.  I just got done using the mp3tag application to tag each mp3 file.  I then cleared my Fuze of the untagged files - and then dragging and dropping the newly tagged folder onto my Fuze player from the " my computer " screen.  

Everything is working like a charm now.