acess to pen drive

I have one Pen dirve Sandisk cruzer contour 16MB and suddenly my password is not regonized. Clicking on show hint it doesn´t work and going to erase button I got a message error - Device format failed. I just want to use the pen again and would like to erase all data inside. Using the launchpad removal and trying both options the message is there is a critical error!!!

would like to erase all data inside

I don’t think you need to worry about that.  It sounds like the pen drive has gone to the bit bucket in the sky.

Hopefully you have backups of all your files somewhere.

I have a backup of my files of course however I cann´t access the pen. Apparently there is no way to use this device again. None of the executables like LaunchPad removal seems to work. My expectation is to find the simple solution of restart the use of this pen again

My expectation is to find the simple solution of restart the use of this pen again

Things wear out.  Heat, too high/too low voltage, usage wear electronics out.

Does the pen drive work in another pc?  If not then the problem is the pen drive itself.  Since it’s solid state there’s not a lot of options.  I have found that lightly cleaning the contacts with emory has worked once for me.  But it’s a desperation measure.