accumulator load questions

hello,whit how much volt charge the usb (on the pc) my accumulator and if its full they stop automatik or whats happend if i let is to long charge?

how about charge my accumulator whit my digitalkamera 220volt usb loader can i use them too?

output:4,2volt 400ma

is there a option not charge my accumulator when its on the pc-usb? someone say on one of the 2 usb modus is this right?

what i do if the accumulator one time is to weak…throw away?

sorry about my bad english and thank you for answer! :wink:

i forgot…how much volt come out from the usb on the pc?

Is accumulator the battery?  I think you may have translated some words incorrectly.

It should be fine when left to charge for an extended period, it will know when to stop charging.

The battery will always charge (until it is full) when connected to a PC.

If the battery goes and it’s within the warranty period you should be able to get a replacement.  Outside the warranty period you will probably have to either try to change the battery yourself (not too straightforward) or throw it away.

hi,thank you very much ;)   :robotmad: google translate^^ yes i mean battery…we say akku :wink: (german)

how about how much volt they charge by usb on pc? and how about charging whit my 220volt usb loader

for my camera?(output 4.2volt 400ma)

where i can buy the battery for this sandisc?

edit:can i use this folder audible,audiobooks,podcasts for difference music types?

is it right that i can not just make a folder like i want and put music inside?

thx for answering :wink:

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 12-07-2009 03:19 PM

Message Edited by microsansa on 12-13-2009 12:08 PM

A PC USB port is 5 V, 500 mA. The Clip uses 5 V; more amperage (but not voltage!) is fine.

SanDisk does not sell batteries for the Clip; the battery is not user-replaceable.

You can use the folders that already are there, or make your own–the Clip will find the music.  Putting podcasts and audiobooks in those folders will bring further advantages on the Clip, for those files.  

so can i charge my clip whit 4.2 volt?

summerlove say…Outside the warranty period you will probably have to either try to change the battery yourself…so where are the batterys to buy if he say this he knows maybe where to buy otherwiese he would not say this or?

and it realy stops if the battery is full… can you see it somewhere?

edit:if i would it format how the player works after? create he all the folders and all others by his self after switch on?

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 12-07-2009 06:51 PM

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 12-07-2009 06:51 PM

The battery is not intended to be user-replaceable.  To try to do so, you would have to try to pry the plastic halves pf the Clip apart, and then solder a new battery in.  However, it can be done.  I do not know if any replacement batteries can be found (but they are not available from SanDisk), such as from a battery parts company.  But you should not need to do so, as the battery should last for years; in “normal” use, likely more than 5 years.

Yes, if you reformat the Clip from its settings option, it will recreate its various folders after.

When you charge the Clip, the battery indicator on the display will show when it is fully charged.

And I do not know the effect of using a lower-level voltage charger; sorry–

The battery is not intended to be user-replaceable.  To try to do so, you would have to try to pry the plastic halves of the Clip apart, and then solder a new battery in.  However, it can be done.  I do not know if any replacement batteries can be found (but they are not available from SanDisk), such as from a battery parts company.  But you should not need to do so, as the battery should last for years; in “normal” use, likely more than 5 years.

Yes, if you reformat the Clip from its settings option, it will recreate its various folders after.

When you charge the Clip, the battery indicator on the display will show when it is fully charged.

And I do not know the effect of using a lower-level voltage charger; sorry–

I meant by swapping out the battery from a different clip, say from a cheap 1gb or a player with a different fault.  Unless by then they’re easier to come by.  Hence the not straightforward (even before trying to fit it) but not impossible.  Been done on abi I think.

Message Edited by summerlove on 12-08-2009 04:53 PM

thank you all very much specially to Miikerman…this is a answer like it should all time if someone ask some! (all questions answert;))

last question^^  about new folders… you guys think it will come once whit a new firmware or is there a trick to create one?

i use now the folder podcasts,audiobook…but what about AUDIBLE ?

edit: i can give my music stars (assessment) but where i can see this later? thanks for all answers :wink: i am not use to it to get answers of all my questions!! in german forums you get 80% spam or they ask you some stupid questions back^^ why i have to be born in germany and not in usa or better australia hehe :wink:

and if i want my videos or pictures save on my clip(my sd card is only 128mb big and i dont need it so much so i dont wana buy a biger one) where is the place to put it…can i put all to AUDIBLE folder? because if i put music in this folder i can not hear later so is this the best place?

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 12-08-2009 09:04 PM

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 12-08-2009 09:17 PM

Happy to help out.  As far as I know, the “preset” folders will always come back with a reformat or firmware upgrade.

And you can put the videos/pictures wherever you want, as the Clip just will ignore them–you might just want to create and put them in a specially-labelled folder, for your own file organization purposes.

hi and thank you :wink:

how about my question…i can give my music stars (assessment) but where i can see this later?

i can charge my clip whit my camera 220volt usb charger and i see also that they charge, but i also can switch off my clip but do they charge still? because when its off you cant see the battery loading and i am wondering if he still charge when its switcht off (not unplugt the usb chager just the clip is off)

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 12-09-2009 10:19 PM

millitaryman69 wrote:

hi and thank you :wink:

how about my question…i can give my music stars (assessment) but where i can see this later?

i can charge my clip whit my camera 220volt usb charger and i see also that they charge, but i also can switch off my clip but do they charge still? because when its off you cant see the battery loading and i am wondering if he still charge when its switcht off (not unplugt the usb chager just the clip is off)

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 12-09-2009 10:19 PM

Last time I tried (Previous Firmware/ Not Newest Release) the star ratings couldnt be transfered from the player to the computer or vise versa (Computer to player). This may have changed with the last firmware release.

And yes when you turn it off it keeps charging if its plugged in. Its not completely off its in standby or sleep mode.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 12-09-2009 11:25 PM

It was my understanding that while the fuze can be charged in the standby mode (by turning it ‘off’) the clip will only charge when it is switched on.  This is why some people were complaining that solar chargers would be useless as the charge supplied by the solar charger would be less than that required for the clip to remain on.

summerlove wrote:
It was my understanding that while the fuze can be charged in the standby mode (by turning it ‘off’) the clip will only charge when it is switched on.  This is why some people were complaining that solar chargers would be useless as the charge supplied by the solar charger would be less than that required for the clip to remain on.

You may be right. I plugged my clip in last night with the sole purpose of testing this and then not thinking put on the headphones and played it (Which means its on). Ooops Ill try again tonight. 

realy my last question :wink:

how are the dates of the battery? they have 3,6volt or how much?

and if someone can also answer my question bevore would be cool :wink:

thanks

hi,i loadyesterday my battery full!! and i dont use it! today i wana hear music but the battery is total empty? :frowning:

whats wrong??? it was 100% sure off! bevore i buy it i ready somewhere about the battery problems^^

is it this now and what they mean whit this? (some are good and some have bad batterys?)

wich one is also good (mp3 player) i need very quick another one for my holiday or should i buy the same again and hope the best?^^  cant belife now :frowning:

Try charging again, a few days in a row.  It may have been a 1-time event. 

Try charging again, a few days in a row.  It may have been a 1-time event.  And do make sure your Clip is turned off when you are not using it.

And the Clip needs a charger that will feed it 5 Volts (more will blow it out), and around 500 mA (a bit less is fine) or more.

hi,i charge on my pc usb should be enought power or not?  but the battery should not be empty when it was full before!

do no body hear about the battery problems?

@Conversionboxthx for explaining…i did not see it is the secound site^^

i call sundisk and they say i have to charge on the backside of my pc and not use the front usb what i did^^

but he cant tell me if i can use my kamera 220volt usb charger (it has 4,2volt and 400mah) the support realy dont know anything! strange guy^^

wha has my usb on my pc on the front less power but on the backsind more? i connekt the usb also whit the motherboard where it stay usb 1 and usb 2

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 12-11-2009 09:30 AM