About Wallpaper

All right, I think we should be able to put in some kind of wall paper of our own, or at least have more choices. What do you guys think. Also, we should have like menu display/layout choices.

The bad news? I doubt if you see this from SanDisk, at least in the near future.

The good news? Rockbox is on the way. Keep your fingers crossed. :wink:

Wallpaper is a cool way to make your device look unique.  For the time being, your device already looks unique compared against the sea of iPods out there.

I was reminded of the marketing and the inflated prices of “those things” as I browsed the local shops.

As I looked at the gift card assortment for them, I noted that one has the identical screening on it as the volume control / touch wheel.  “See?” my wife first noticed, “they’re getting closer to just putting a credit card reader in the things.  It already has the control.”

I am simple; I like the cool blue original GUI of the Sansa.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d really like to be able to put my own wallpapers on the Fuze :robotvery-happy: I am, however, satisified with the menu layout.

What is this RockBox you speak of? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I don’t know what the Snickers that is >.> …

www.rockbox.org

@neutron_bob wrote:

Wallpaper is a cool way to make your device look unique.

My daughter’s Creative player had that feature. Turns out its mostly a cool way to make your screen a jumbled, useless mess. The menus on these little critters are already pretty busy.

It’s interesting, especially if you have a larger screen, but the novelty is short lived.  I like the simple screen better.  Being able to change the background color, I’ve settled on the cool blue too.

On the thought of background colors (the selectable ones), some have suggested a black one, or a dark grey…that might look pretty nice.

Bob  :wink:

The black or dark grey background or wallpaper would also require some re-working of the font colors. While the ‘Now Playing’ screen has white colored fonts and would really ‘pop’ on a jet black background, the menu’s fonts are already black. Might lead to a bit of confusion not being able to distinguish the text from the background. Unless SanDisk makes the font color ‘user-selectable’ or some pre-programmed ‘if/then’ coding change, the darker colored wallpapers wouldn’t work.

On 2nd thought, having user-customizable wallpapers and font colors isn’t really such a great idea, support-wise. I can see it now . . . somebody changes their wallpaper to black, and at the same time they’ve got their font color set to the same. What a nightmare trying to guide someone back to the SETTINGS screen to ‘fix’ it!

No thanks, I think I’ll pass. :wink:

Yes, on that thought, you have a point.

Flip the LOCK switch on the v2 and get the system shutdown message in that teeny font.  So very crisp and sharp though!

A dark background would require an inverted font, though it is old school.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

The user isn’t very smart is he/she. Well, what i want is more pre set choices that Sansa pre put so we wouldn’t have much problems. And like my other mp3, i want a choice to change the map display.  Like a circle one with it cut to [7?] pieces and a name on each or soemthing like that.

@neutron_bob wrote:

Yes, on that thought, you have a point.

Flip the LOCK switch on the v2 and get the system shutdown message in that teeny font.  So very crisp and sharp though!

A dark background would require an inverted font, though it is old school.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Now you know what the default Rockbox GUI looks like and why people are so adamant about putting different themes on their RB players. Pretty ugly and very teeney-tiny fonts. Definitely old-school look. DOS, anyone?

And yes, there are options to inverse the color too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Red would be nice as a BG color. If someone choses black or dark gray as a BG, then could the Fuze then automatically prompt them to change the font color? That way you wouldn’t have someone with the black font with the black BG nightmare issue to fix. Simply having more BG colors to chose from would be a nice thing.

More wallpaper choices are on the list for enhancement,  however,  this is a low priority compared to implementing > 4000 songs limit,  etc.