aac support for the Clips, as with the new Fuze+?

So, query:

News about the new Fuze+ just came out, and it includes aac format support.  Might this be coming for the Clips as well?  A good way to further attract the Apple Shuffle and Nano/iTunes crowd (although who knows what might be happening with those players this Fall, and with rumors of a touchscreen Shuffle).

And the Fuze+ will have a 16GB internal memory capability; enough space in the Clip+ to allow for that?

I still like my idea of a touchscreen Clip Super+ …    :wink:

Sandisk might provide AAC support for the Clip+ in a firmware update unless perhaps they plan to have a new version of the Clip+ with longer battery life or other enhancements, and that supports AAC…

Its really unlikely.  The Fuze+ will have AAC for the same reason the View has had it all these years, you need it for playing H.264 videos.  The clip can’t play H.264, so theres no reason to pay for AAC support.

To put it this way, its 2007 and AAC support is coming to the View.  Does that mean we’ll get AAC support on the e200?

:wink:

Ah, got it.  Although there’s still a marketing/business reason:  to bring iTunes users over to the Clips.

@miikerman wrote:

Ah, got it.  Although there’s still a marketing/business reason:  to bring iTunes users over to the Clips.

My Clip+ plays AAC files like a champ! :wink: