AAC and .m4a for Sansa e200 series (iTunes formats)

I think it would be great idea if playback of non-DRM songs from iTunes was supported.  Apple has announced that it will start selling almost its entire catalog without DRM and also that the iTunes music player will add support for support DAPs other than iPods.  I’d love it if my e280 were able to play music from the largest online music download retailer.

There is always the unofficial route of installing RockBox but this should be trivial to add to the official firmware.

Will there be more firmware upgrades for the e200 series? I think they might already be discontinued, or be discontinued soon.

@pcullum wrote:

I think it would be great idea if playback of non-DRM songs from iTunes was supported.  Apple has announced that it will start selling almost its entire catalog without DRM and also that the iTunes music player will add support for support DAPs other than iPods.  I’d love it if my e280 were able to play music from the largest online music download retailer.

There is always the unofficial route of installing RockBox but this should be trivial to add to the official firmware.

I’m pretty sure that they are done with firmware updates for the e-series. So the Rockbox may be your only option if you need to play m4a files. Of course, you can always convert them to MP3, or burn them to a CD and then rip them as MP3:wink: