A Sad Day for Music Lovers

Les Paul 1915 - 2009

Watch “the master” at work…

Les Paul & Mary Ford

Cheers to an old friend; I know you will be missed by thousands…including me…

Indeed, I’ll miss him, but his music will live on!  I think there was some smoke coming from the neck of that guitar.  Fast!!  Great clips available, some great memories.

µsansa

@microsansa wrote:

Indeed, I’ll miss him, but his music will live on! 

Not only his music, but anyone who ever has, or ever will pick up an electric guitar has Les Paul to thank for it.

Can you imagine where any number of revered ‘guitar gods’ would be today if not for him?

@tapeworm wrote:

Not only his music, but anyone who ever has, or ever will pick up an electric guitar has Les Paul to thank for it.

Can you imagine where any number of revered ‘guitar gods’ would be today if not for him?

Yeah it’s too bad! He was one of the best guitarists out there. 

Starting with “the log”, Les Paul figured out that resonances are a bad thing when dealing with guitar amplification, especially in the world of loud rock.

I haven’t seen many guitar performances with hands as rapid as Les could master.

Oh, and don’t forget his other contributions, most notably the multi-track recording format that is the basis of studio work.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Tapeworm wrote: 

Heh… reminds me of an old TV ad where a young Jimi Hendrix is looking at an accordian in a music store window but ends up buying the guitar.