A playlist of playlists

Is it possible to have a playlist of playlists?

Lets say I have 2000 mp3s.

The player won’t let me have more than 250 songs for some technichal reason.

So, for this reason, I break it down to multiple 250 song lists.

So, this playlist of playlists should choose playlistA, then playlistB, …

Yes.

Make Playlist A - 250 songs

Make Playlist B - 250 songs

So on so forth…

I prefer Windows Media Player 11 to make my Playlist. 

HOW TO VIDEOS - There is a video showing how to create Playlists on this page for both WMP 10 and 11.

Message Edited by JustReboot on 08-12-2008 09:16 AM

This hopefully won’t be a problem in the upcoming firmware.  The last FW update for the Clip increased the limit to 1000 songs for .pla playlists.  There is no limit for .m3u playlists.  So I would expect the same fix to be applied to the Fuze very soon.

I think he meant, is there a way to make a playlist that actually lists other playlists, not songs. So you just select the master playlist, and it, in turn, plays a group of other playlists together (or in order).

I don’t know, but somebody else might. :slight_smile:

You nailed it.

@silverzero wrote:

I think he meant, is there a way to make a playlist that actually lists other playlists, not songs. So you just select the master playlist, and it, in turn, plays a group of other playlists together (or in order).

You nailed!

@skinjob wrote:
This hopefully won’t be a problem in the upcoming firmware.  The last FW update for the Clip increased the limit to 1000 songs for .pla playlists.  There is no limit for .m3u playlists.  So I would expect the same fix to be applied to the Fuze very soon.

Well, I made a .m3u list, but its impossiblly slow.

@lee88 wrote:

Well, I made a .m3u list, but its impossiblly slow.

Yeah, it’s another known issue that should be fixed in the upcoming firmware.  This was fixed on the Clip and should be fixed on the Fuze very soon.  See this for details and workaround.

Message Edited by Skinjob on 08-13-2008 10:39 AM

@silverzero wrote:

I thought he actually wanted to create a large playlist and was just breaking it up to get around the 250 track limit.

Winamp will let you create nested playlists, so I guess m3u technically supports that kind of structure, but I doubt the Fuze supports it.  I’m at work now and don’t have the Fuze with me to try it.

@skinjob wrote:

@silverzero wrote:

I thought he actually wanted to create a large playlist and was just breaking it up to get around the 250 track limit.

Winamp will let you create nested playlists, so I guess m3u technically supports that kind of structure, but I doubt the Fuze supports it.  I’m at work now and don’t have the Fuze with me to try it.

Yes, I do want to work around the 250 limit.

But I guess I’ll just have to wait for the firmware fix.

Thanks everyone.