A lot is asked for Fuze but it is do-able

In the spirit of the theory that the Sandisk company, much as Apple has done for Ipodders, has dumbed down the software in its products for the masses, I have some serious wants.    I know that Rockbox helps unlock potential in MP3 players, making them louder and fuller sounding with a more complex OS, firmware.  

Ok, so I want the Fuze to have some upgrades it should be able to pull song titles and artists from radio stations I am listening to.    I want more recording options, god guys, would it be hard to have an auto song save? You know, like a quick 3 or 4 min record option  And why a 2hr recording limit?  Many talk shows run 3 or 4 hours. I should be able to set longer record times And I want to record radio in the background, too so I can listen to something else while it records, and I want to edit what the recordings are called and titled.

While I am at it, I want a TV Tuner, Doggone it.   Ok, I know everything goes digital in Feb, so that maybe too much to hope for, but I am dreaming big.   I wouldnt want to record Telly shows though, that would really chew up the memory, ouch.

But is anyone with me on this stuff or am I nuts?

You’re nuts.

Everything you want would require a significant hardware upgrade, and would result in a very different device.

So, yea, you’re nuts for wanting it in the Fuze.

But I mean that in a good way.:smiley:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
You’re nuts.

A man walks into the psychologist’s office entirely wrapped in nothing but clingwrap from head to foot, the psychologist says to the man:

“I can clearly see your nuts”

@ebouc wrote:

In the spirit of the theory that the Sandisk company, much as Apple has done for Ipodders, has dumbed down the software in its products for the masses, I have some serious wants.    I know that Rockbox helps unlock potential in MP3 players, making them louder and fuller sounding with a more complex OS, firmware.  

Ok, so I want the Fuze to have some upgrades it should be able to pull song titles and artists from radio stations I am listening to.    I want more recording options, god guys, would it be hard to have an auto song save? You know, like a quick 3 or 4 min record option  And why a 2hr recording limit?  Many talk shows run 3 or 4 hours. I should be able to set longer record times And I want to record radio in the background, too so I can listen to something else while it records, and I want to edit what the recordings are called and titled.

While I am at it, I want a TV Tuner, Doggone it.   Ok, I know everything goes digital in Feb, so that maybe too much to hope for, but I am dreaming big.   I wouldnt want to record Telly shows though, that would really chew up the memory, ouch.

But is anyone with me on this stuff or am I nuts?

This is clearly a case of “I reject Reality and Substitute my own.” I mean come on… Do you want a small player or a laptop? Yes my Friend YOU ARE NUTS.

Well Sir,

I would have to reply that reality is subjective, not as you seem to imply, objective.   Be that as it may, I already admitted I was asking a lot.

I suspected I was nuts and can accept the title ‘Squirrel Bait’ with pride.   Thank You Hazza, I needed a good laugh.

@ebouc wrote:

Well Sir,

I would have to reply that reality is subjective, not as you seem to imply, objective.   Be that as it may, I already admitted I was asking a lot.

I suspected I was nuts and can accept the title ‘Squirrel Bait’ with pride.   Thank You Hazza, I needed a good laugh.

Actually, that was a quote from Adam Savage of Discovery Channel’s Mythbusters. 

I’m thinking that you are nuts about this, this simply cannot be done in such a small device. Of course later on, technology will progress. But until then, just wait…

As someone already mentioned, showing info on the radio would require more hardware so it will never happen.

Ok, I maybe nuts but I will accept a programmable radio recording ability.  IE setting up x program to record at x time on x station although it may require the Fuze to be left on or in a standby mode, a longer record time and recording title editing.   Now certainly I have scaled back my desires to a suitable level.

i just want gapless playback and some kind of media info screen you can view per file.

other than that maybe a replaceable battery…

otherwsie for $80 this device is pretty close to perfection for audio-

(i know lots of video gripes but i never purchased it expecting to have full video capabiliy)

@emagon4523 wrote:

i just want gapless playback and some kind of media info screen you can view per file.

other than that maybe a replaceable battery…

otherwsie for $80 this device is pretty close to perfection for audio-

(i know lots of video gripes but i never purchased it expecting to have full video capabiliy)

Agreed on all points…

@ebouc wrote:
Ok, I maybe nuts but I will accept a programmable radio recording ability.  IE setting up x program to record at x time on x station although it may require the Fuze to be left on or in a standby mode, a longer record time and recording title editing.   Now certainly I have scaled back my desires to a suitable level.

Count on something like that to come in 2010 or 2011, I hope there will be a Fuze 2! :smiley: