A couple questions regarding the sansa express.

Hello,

I recently puchased this model from OfficeMax today and I can say I’m quite impressed by the features, and design + rechargeable li-ion battery.

However, When I purchased this model I was expecting it to hold “FILES” not just MUSIC files.

Is there any other usb mp3 model out there that can do this, or is there a way to mod the sansa express to handle this?

Also:

If i integrate an microSD, will this allow me to store files then? OR is this just expanding the internal memory as one volume rather than two?

Much Appreciated,

Aric Holland

@caedmonsoftware wrote:

Hello,

I recently puchased this model from OfficeMax today and I can say I’m quite impressed by the features, and design + rechargeable li-ion battery.

However, When I purchased this model I was expecting it to hold “FILES” not just MUSIC files.

Is there any other usb mp3 model out there that can do this, or is there a way to mod the sansa express to handle this?

Also:

If i integrate an microSD, will this allow me to store files then? OR is this just expanding the internal memory as one volume rather than two?

Much Appreciated,

Aric Holland

The Express is a MTP device for use only with media, and specifically audio, files. There is no setting to switch to MSC mode. However, you can manually force a MSC connection. After you do that you can use the Express the same way that you would use a USB flash drive. That will allow you to store or transfer non-media files to the Express. To force an MSC connection follow the instructions by user kennyj in this thread.

ttp://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&message.id=951&query.id=35459#M951

If you add an expansion card, your computer will recognize two separate devices. While you are connected to the computer in MTP mode, you will see the internal and external memory in “My Computer” and in Windows Media Player. If you force an MSC connection you will see two new drives, each with a separate drive letter, when you connect the Express to your computer.