90mb error and and player isnt recognized by the pc

Hej, I always get the 90mb error when turning the player on, it wont let be in in its menu so i can not reset if from there nor turn on the MSC mode. On the other hand my pc does not recognize the player either.

I tried to hold down the power on button and connect it to my pc. On the screen its says “connected” but the player wont show up in the explorer

I am using Windows XP SP2

It helps to use the search function up there on the right. One more time…

I know it must be frustrating for you when people complain about the same error every day without trying to solve the problem on their own, but please take into consideration I already have searched the internet including this forum for about an hour now. The forum search did not turn out to be very helpful. There are threads were people complain about the 90mb error or the error that the player wont be recognized by the pc. In those threads were both erros occur at the same time no working solution could be supplied.

 If there is anythinkg I might have overlooked I am willing to listen to your advice :smiley:

The page I linked to showed up among the first search results for 90MB. There’s also a Fuze FAQ about it.

The usual solution is to force MSC, which you apparently have not tried.

With the unit OFF, slide the power button down so the orange HOLD dot shows.  Connect the USB cord to your computer, open Windows Explorer (My Computer). Hold down the center button or the << side of the wheel. Connect the unit while holding it. It should show up in Windows.

I tried exactly what you have told me. The player says “connected” and in windows I get this message:

means " USB device not recognized"

It may be a USB driver problem in your computer.One of those Windows glitches.

Do you know how to use Device Manager?  (No idea what it is in German, sorry.)

In my XP it’s Settings/Control Panel/System/Hardware (tab)/ Device Manager.

Scroll down to USB controllers and you should see that yellow triangle and exclamation point. Right-click on that and Uninstall it. (Not Disable, uninstall). 

Now reboot your computer and force MSC again and connect. Try a back USB port if you’re using a laptop–it gives more power.

(You shouldn’t be using a USB hub–it needs a direct computer connection.) 

Your computer should find the generic USB driver that MSC uses and reinstall it correctly.

If that doesn’t work, the cord itself may be bad, but it is promising that you are showing Connected. 

thats how it looks in my gerätemanager (device manager)

There is no error noted and  it works fine with other devices.

Which of it you want me to uninstall?

On thing I forgot to mention, maybe this is helpful to you:

The player worked fine in the beginning then I started to transfer more albums to the player. I used the “disconnected hardware safley” function  (not sure if it is called this way on an english os, but you should know what I mean. Its the first time I ever used  this function, but from then on the device was not recognized on any pc I have tested it on

Is that what you see in Device Manager with the unit connected and generating the error message?

Is there any other yellow triangle/exclamation point displayed in Device Manager somewhere else? 

Safely disconnect should do what it says, but perhaps the unit hadn’t finished closing (even if it said it was done).

You might try calling SanDisk tech support in Europe. From here in the US, they have a live chat function–see if you can access it from where you are.

http://kb-de.sandisk.com/app/home

“Is that what you see in Device Manager with the unit connected and generating the error message?”

yes 

"Is there any other yellow triangle/exclamation point displayed in Device Manager somewhere else? "

only my onboard soundcard is marked, which I do not use. should be out of interest.

"You might try calling SanDisk tech support in Europe. From here in the US, they have a live chat function–see if you can access it from where you are. "

Thx for your support so far, I will try the live chat function (there is one for germany). But in the end I think I have to return the player to my distributor. I will try another player, because I was really happy with its features, maybe I have to update firmware before using it.

I am now pretty sure that this problem can not be fixed. I used a tool called USBDeview to manually deinstall the sandisk driver

I also deleted every reg string concering the sandisk device. Then tried to force MSC as you mentioned before. At first it looked like it worked since I got an message " New USB device found" followed by “USB device is installed and ready for use” but seconds later I recieved this error message again

I think there is nothing left I can do so I am going to return my device tomorrow

If you’re under warranty, yes, take it back. You shouldn’t be having this problem.