8gb screen is either scrambled or black

the screen on my 8gb clip has been acting funny. i’ll turn it on, and the “blue ring” will illuminate, but the screen won’t. the i’ll click the “home” button and the screen might be fine like a minute as i’m browsing thru songs and such, but then the screen will scramble. the thing itself still plays music, but my screen is all jacked up. what’s the dealio???

You could try, if not recently done:  a system re-set–Clip off, hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds; a reapplication of the firmware (it could have become corrupted over time)–see the sticky thread on firmware upgrade at the top of the forum; and/or a reformat, from the Clip’s settings (note:  this will erase your content on the Clip).

@dubslanger wrote:
the screen on my 8gb clip has been acting funny. i’ll turn it on, and the “blue ring” will illuminate, but the screen won’t. the i’ll click the “home” button and the screen might be fine like a minute as i’m browsing thru songs and such, but then the screen will scramble. the thing itself still plays music, but my screen is all jacked up. what’s the dealio???

Defectivio screenio. Take (or send) it back to where you bought it or contact SanDisk for a replacement under their 1 year warranty.

the system retest does nothing, but thanks for the suggetstion. i’ll try to do a reapplication of the firmware, but i doubt that will work…thank you again though…

i bought this thing on ebay, i doubt they’ll take it back. i don’t have a receipt or anything like that, will SanDisk have any issues in taking back this product, and in doing so, will they erase my songs?

@dubslanger wrote:
i bought this thing on ebay, i doubt they’ll take it back. i don’t have a receipt or anything like that, will SanDisk have any issues in taking back this product, and in doing so, will they erase my songs?

How long ago did you buy it on eBay?

Did the description say anything like AS-IS or NO RETURNS?

You may or may not have a valid 1 year warranty through SanDisk. Was it represented as NEW, USED or REFURBISHED? SanDisk will not honor warranties on re-furbs (and probably not on used units either; the warranty is for the original purchaser).

If SanDisk does grant you an RMA (Returned Material Authorization), unless you can get your music off, or have them backed up with copies on your computer’s hard drive, then yes, they’ll be gone whne you mail it off to them. They (SanDisk) does not fix it and return the same one back to you.

@dubslanger wrote:

How long ago did you buy it on eBay?

Did the description say anything like AS-IS or NO RETURNS?

You may or may not have a valid 1 year warranty through SanDisk. Was it represented as NEW, USED or REFURBISHED? SanDisk will not honor warranties on re-furbs (and probably not on used units either; the warranty is for the original purchaser).

If SanDisk does grant you an RMA (Returned Material Authorization), unless you can get your music off, or have them backed up with copies on your computer’s hard drive, then yes, they’ll be gone when you mail it off to them. They (SanDisk) do not fix it and return the same one back to you.

But . . . you’re having a problem with the player’s screen. Nothing to prevent you from connecting to your computer and transferring all you music off before you send it in. But take it 1 step at a time; check for any recourse with the seller on eBay. If you’re unable to get any satisfaction, then call SanDisk and see what they say.

i bought it brand new. definitely not used or refurbished. i guess i’ll contact SanDisk and see what they say… thanks for your helpful suggestions.:smiley: