8Gb Clip acts like its paused

That is not good!  Thank you for keeping us up to date on this.  $100 for unreliability from a brand name is unacceptable.  I think I may just drop $28 for a 4 gig Lightinthebox chinese clone, which, probably wouldn’t have any hiccups seeing how I have totally beat the hell out of my 2GB Newsmy B07 and its still running.  The reason I picked up the Sansa was because I felt good as a consumer paying more for a recognized brandname, SanDisk.  It may be true that expensive adverstising and packaging creates idiots, I mean, customers.

Thanks again for the update! 

I don’t know what happened, but it’s back from the dead!!!  I left it plugged into the computer for about two weeks, and it seems to be working fine now!  Of course, I’ll have to reload it. 

DINO 

I need one of you GURUs from Sansa to level with me.

Is there a glitch with this 8GB Clip?

Can it eventually be fixed with a firmware update?

Are you working on a patch?

It seems to be working fine again, but I consider this Forum to be proof that I have had a problem during the warranty period. (It seems many others have had the exact same trouble) If this continues even after the 1 year, I expect a replacement.

Thanks, DINO

>>> Is there a glitch with this 8GB Clip?

>>> Can it eventually be fixed with a firmware update?

>>> Are you working on a patch?

Yes, fully agree. I also own a 8 GB and have a similar problem

( see my post from 31.01.2009, [Sansa Clip 8gb clip freezes and doesnt turn off: blue ring light stays on, no display and not recognized by pc anymore](Sansa Clip 8gb clip freezes and doesnt turn off: blue ring light stays on, no display and not recognized by pc anymore ) )

Right now, seeing all the problems posted about the 8 GB Clip in this forum, I’m also very deceptioned. Now, I’m not sure if this was a good buy as I am worried if this 8 GB Clip is a reliable player at all, and if it’s well supported. Even if the problem now is solved, will this kind of problems keep happening again and again in the future ?

Any others here on the forum experiencing similar problems with the 8 GB Clip

correct link to my post , http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=14327

I’m having the pause problem with my 2GB Clip purchased just a couple of months ago. It was working fine this morning when I turned it off, then I turned it back on in the afternoon and it was like that. I formatted it to no success, the only change is that now it doesn’t show the “play” symbol while it’s frozen at 0:00, instead it quickly turns to the “pause” symbol.

I’ve updated the firmware some weeks ago so the updater hasn’t found anything new.

If this is how long my Clip will last this will certainly be my first and last SanDisk product.

Same problem with my 4GB Clip+.  So frustrating. 

Mine is having the same exact issue.

I had not loaded new music or plugged it in since it was working, so nothing should have changed. 

I listened to it for about 2 hours and it was working fine.  When I tried to use it later in the day it would not work.  The music will display and menus function but the music always sits a 0:00.

I guess I’ll try formatting, but I’m disappointed.  Its a refurbished unit I got a week ago.

8GBclip wrote:

. . . but I’m disappointed.  Its a refurbished unit I got a week ago.

Yes, many times these 2 words are used in the same sentence or discussion. There’s enough problems with brand-new electronics these days; I would never risk buying a re-furbed anything just to save a couple of bucks.

It has a warranty which I may return it under, but I have had no problems with other refurbished devices.  Besides, this appears to be a fairly common issue.  If this unit was originally returned for this issue, and it was cleared in their internal testing, then Sansa may not have any idea about the cause of the root issue.  I only posted my whole experience to help trace the issue.  Ignoring information because you would not buy a refurbished item does not help anyone.

8GBclip wrote:
It has a warranty which I may return it under, but I have had no problems with other refurbished devices.  Besides, this appears to be a fairly common issue.  If this unit was originally returned for this issue, and it was cleared in their internal testing, then Sansa may not have any idea about the cause of the root issue.  I only posted my whole experience to help trace the issue.  Ignoring information because you would not buy a refurbished item does not help anyone.

1. If you have a warranty on a re-furb, by all means take advantage of it. Many don’t come with a warranty, or if they do, it is very limited time-wise. 
  2. I wouldn’t call 6 people out of thousands (or even millions) of units sold having a similar problem a ‘fairly common issue’. Granted not all people who may be suffering with this find their way to this forum to ask or complain about it, but on the other hand at least 2 or 3 of the people in this thread solved their problem.
  3. Just so you know, SanDisk does not do the ‘refurbing’ of returned or defective units, so they did no ‘internal testing’ of it. They’re sold to re-furbers who then sell them to TigerDirect, Buy.com, Woot, and sellers on eBay who in turn sell them to you.

8GBclip wrote:

1. If you have a warranty on a re-furb, by all means take advantage of it. Many don’t come with a warranty, or if they do, it is very limited time-wise. 
  2. I wouldn’t call 6 people out of thousands (or even millions) of units sold having a similar problem a ‘fairly common issue’. Granted not all people who may be suffering with this find their way to this forum to ask or complain about it, but on the other hand at least 2 or 3 of the people in this thread solved their problem, so the issue is not that wide-spread. You wanna talk about a ‘fairly common issue’? Hope you don’t own a late-model Toyota.
  3. Just so you know, SanDisk does not do the ‘refurbing’ of returned or defective units, so they did no ‘internal testing’ of it. They’re sold to re-furbers who then sell them to TigerDirect, Buy.com, Woot, and sellers on eBay who in turn sell them to you.