$700 for a 64 GB SDXC card?????

Who would pay that when a class 6  32 GB SDHC card is under $100? This 64 GB SDXC card is very fast at 22 MB/sec, however I still can’t see many people being willing to pay over $300 for it, and most people probably wouldn’t even consider it at over $200. This card is not made by Sandisk.

JK98 wrote:

Who would pay that when a class 6  32 GB SDHC card is under $100? This 64 GB SDXC card is very fast at 22 MB/sec, however I still can’t see many people being willing to pay over $300 for it, and most people probably wouldn’t even consider it at over $200. This card is not made by Sandisk.

Who would pay it when there are no devices set up for it yet?:wink:

That’s easy, a professional would.  If you are looking for a rapid capture rate for your digital high resolution Hasselblad, this is all the difference in the world.  A change of a mere second can mean the difference between a modeling shot with just the right expression, and a disaster.

Technology is catching up to this situation, as we can use digital video to capture a stream of images at ridiculous rates.  If the video is of sufficient resolution, we can “film” the shot, then pick the perfect frame.  Thus, the need for excellent and fast digital media storage makes SDXC a natural progression.  Personally, I will always prefer the photographer’s steady shutter finger.

Hey, I just like the Extreme logos, man.  In that price range, I’d only trust the best.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: