4gb sansa clip + songs

have 4gb sansa clip + it only has 330 songs and says its almost full what did i do wrong loaded off ps3. is there somthing i did wrong im new at this part 1st mp3 player any help would be great thanks again. it plays all songs on it now

You didn’t say what format the songs were in, or what bit-rate they were. If you’re loading FLAC format or WAV (as opposed to mp3 for example) then I could see where your memory could indeed be full.

im not sure about any of that if you can explain where to get that info from . the music was already on ps3 hooked up mp3 i just downloaded it.any help would be great the music was downloaded by using cds on to ps3 and saved.how would i fix this please help

Message Edited by william55am on 12-15-2009 06:45 PM

Files in MP3 format have the .mp3 extension at the end of the file name; wav files have .wav and flac files have .flac (is this right?  or something similar).  Wav and flac files are much larger than MP3 files, typically, and can take up a great amount of space.

what is kbps. ps3 gives you from 96kbps 112 ,128,160,192,224,256 ,320 and ask for( codec-aac,mp3,atrac) if that makes any difference it was done on ps3 at mp3 /320 kbps

Message Edited by william55am on 12-15-2009 07:36 PM

OK, that’s good:  the mp3 format is a “compressed” format (a standard form), which takes a lesser amount of space than the original.  The kbps stands for kilobits per second and reflects how much data is being kept in the file; higher numbers reflect that more data is being kept, which takes up more space but increases the sound fidelity.  320 kbps is the high end for an mp3 file.

And so, your files are taking up more space than might be the case otherwise, but still not an untoward amount of space if they weren’t in a compressed format.  Depending on the length of the songs, 330 songs at 320 kbps easily could fill a 4gb Clip+.  If you would like to fit more songs in, rip the songs at a lower kbps rate–in my humble opinion, 192 kbps still is a more than respectable rate.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 12-15-2009 09:26 PM

Thanks for your help I understand now .

Miikerman wrote:   If you would like to fit more songs in, rip the songs at a lower kbps rate–in my humble opinion, 192 kbps still is a more than respectable rate.

And for others, 192 kbps would be the bare minimum with the mp3 format they could tolerate…so to william55am , try a couple different sizes, and see what sounds good to you…you’re the one that will be listening to them.:smiley: