4GB Sansa Clip+ frozen, won't reset, computer doesn't recognize it

It does work !, I also cured frozen Clip by inserting pin in the hole at the back above the clip

@jonccollings wrote:

It does work !, I also cured frozen Clip by inserting pin in the hole at the back above the clip

THAT HOLE IS THE MICROPHONE OPENING. NOTHING ELSE!

IT IS NOT A RESET HOLE!

I REPEAT . . .  IT IS NOT A RESET HOLE!

DO NOT INSERT ANYTHING INTO IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO RUIN YOUR ABILITY TO RECORD EXTERNAL SOUNDS OR VOICE !!!

If you had read through the entire thread you should have seen this.

Tapeworm: And so, a question for you–do you have any idea what the small hole at the back of the Clip is for? I assume that it’s a reset button–is that right? :wink: :wink: :wink:

_ Oy Vey! _

I’ve had my Clip+ (4GB + 4GB microsd) for many months and it also froze while it was in my trouser pocket during a run.  The reset procedure did not work, the pc did not recognize it,…  I took out the microsd card and it appeared damp (probably from the heat and sweat in my pocket) meaning the connections must be damp too.  Dried everything and the Clip+ switched on immediately.

@wilmar wrote:

I’ve had my Clip+ (4GB + 4GB microsd) for many months and it also froze while it was in my trouser pocket during a run.  The reset procedure did not work, the pc did not recognize it,…  I took out the microsd card and it appeared damp (probably from the heat and sweat in my pocket) meaning the connections must be damp too.  Dried everything and the Clip+ switched on immediately.

Way cool–great
Way cool–great to hear!   :slight_smile:

@wilmar wrote:

I’ve had my Clip+ (4GB + 4GB microsd) for many months and it also froze while it was in my trouser pocket during a run.  The reset procedure did not work, the pc did not recognize it,…  I took out the microsd card and it appeared damp (probably from the heat and sweat in my pocket) meaning the connections must be damp too.  Dried everything and the Clip+ switched on immediately.

Way cool–great to hear!  :slight_smile:

yah great idea. My Clip+ will not reset. I have held the power button for several minutes and no luck. Any help would be appreciated. SOoner then later would be prefered before I reset it with a hammer.

And will it start if you connect up to your computer?

My  mp3  would blank out and I could turn it  onnomatterwhat I tried. So, I called the Manufacturer of Sandisk and they helped me get my mp3 on by updating my firmware. Well, naturally I was happy and then it happened again. It blanked out and I couldn’t get it back on again. I got on the phone and called them again. They said that they will replace it. Well, today. I was on my way to UPS to have it shipped to Returns. I had in its original package and when I went in the box to put in a secure package it was playing in my hand and after giving praise for this blessing. I am wondering if it overheats from constant playing or the environment because it is starting to get warm. Any answers or suggestions for taking better care of the mp3.

hey that mp3 reset hammer…  can I buy it on Amazon. Because I went through the same thing.

@okasan8adi wrote:

My  mp3  would blank out and I could turn it  onnomatterwhat I tried. So, I called the Manufacturer of Sandisk and they helped me get my mp3 on by updating my firmware. Well, naturally I was happy and then it happened again. It blanked out and I couldn’t get it back on again. I got on the phone and called them again. They said that they will replace it. Well, today. I was on my way to UPS to have it shipped to Returns. I had in its original package and when I went in the box to put in a secure package it was playing in my hand and after giving praise for this blessing. I am wondering if it overheats from constant playing or the environment because it is starting to get warm. Any answers or suggestions for taking better care of the mp3.

You most likely have a defective player; in other words an isolated case. Common sense is all that’s needed for care of these things. Don’t leave it laying on the dashboard of your car when you go to work in August if you live in Arizona, or forget about it on the back porch in January if you live in Minnesota.

Oh yeah, don’t try to use it as a rain gauge or take it scuba-diving either. :stuck_out_tongue:

Holding down the center button & plugging to the computer worked!! Thank you for the fix!

That was it!!! Thank you!!!

That lock drives me crazy. So hold down Home and then power until it resets. Thanks!

Ive been having this problem alot it sometimes turns back on when i charge it but a couple hours later it just powers off any advice

You might try manually reapplying the firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum)–it could (hopefully) just be a firmware glitch, which can happen.

I seem to be having the problem with my 4Gig Clip+ at the Flower logo start up screen. I notice that when I power on it will go: Sansa, then the Flower for a split second, go black and back to Sansa, and freeze on the flower. It will not connect to the computer because when I plug it in, it does the start up screen freeze all over again; thus I cannot get to updating the firmware. I have read this whole thread, but none of the suggestions, short of the mysterious microphone reset button, have worked. I hate to think my player just went wrong on me. Any ideas?

You might try leaving it on until the battery runs out. Then try plugging it into your computer and see if it will connect to where you can manually re-install the firmware. Note that sometimes when people do this, there may not be any reaction from the player (like turning on) for some time after plugging into the computer.

This may or may not have been suggested previously iin this thread, and I’m not motivated to go back and look through 6 pages of posts to see, so if it was and you’ve tried it w/o success I apologize. :wink:

That was suggested and tried, to no avail. When the battery dies and I plug it in, it goes through that same start up loop/freeze.

It sounds like it’s not even trying to make a data connection, but starting up as if it were not plugged in at all. Have you tried holding the center or REW button down while plugging it in? That forces an MSC connection (if the unit isn’t already set to this USB mode) which is generally more compatible/easier to connect to your computer.

You might also try a different cable. It’s possible the data pins (or wires) in the one you’re using have broken or are losing contact somehow.