4GB Sansa Clip+ frozen, won't reset, computer doesn't recognize it

Howdy all,

I got a refurb(from Amazon wharehouse deals inc) 4gb clip+ today and when I went ahead and plugged it in the first time, everything was A OK. Player worked with no issues. I played with it for 5 minutes and turned it off and went to dinner. Turned it back on, but nothing happened. Nothing on the screen, and when I plug it into my computer nothing. Nothing on the screen and computer no longer recognizes the player. I tried everything; soft resets(i held the power button for 2 minutes straight, I tried power button+other buttons), but  nothing. I tried to force MSC mode? but that didnt work either. Right now I have it charging through an AC adapter and still nothing on the screen but I hear a faint electric hum, so I think the electronics are still OK. I can confirm its not a screen thing as even when i push random buttons I hear no music still.

Should I wait it out to see if its playing possum or should I return it now? (Amazon says for full refund gauruntee I need it in by tommorow–yeah the day after I get it delivered to my door)

Defintely cannot send it to SanDisk; its a refurb. But it still has new mp3 player smell!

Thanks in advance,