480GB SSD Plus left 15% life remaining health status

My one year plus SSD Plus 480GB HDD left 15% health life remaining, should I sent back for warranty or what? Can I sent it back with this low health condition reason?

Hi @edwinkkc,

Please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask

Are you downloading torrents or something, its really hard to drive the write life down that far that fast any other way.

#SanDiskUserRewards

1 Like

This unit just for normal use in office excel word and some accounting software and only On while office hours. Not for torrent that’s why I feel weird why the life shorten that way, I got other unit all ok.

Now it drop until 13% I am not sure do I still using it or have to change it immediate.

Technical ask me keep using on it and not mention about the warranty or sent back. Now drop to 13%

Very strange, I would leave open windows task manager performance monitor and look at what is constantly writing to the drive, perhaps nothing, but if something is, no drive will survive.

Then again the life remaining may just mean the spare sectors are being used up rapidly, in that case the flash is just failing as defective.

#SanDiskUserRewards

I have a similar issue, something is performing a HUGE amount of writes to my SSD. I’m not sure how to determine what is performing all the writes. I’m in the process of replacing my 500GB SSD with a 1TB SSD. Currently I’m having trouble finding the SandDisk clone utility.

Not very much active actually is office desktop.

After already sent back claim warranty last drop to 12% health, trying to copy and save the files from the SSD take more than 24hours, reading very slow windows also start respond very slow so no choice sent back for warranty. Some files no longer able to copy out is damage.

My SSD finally sent back to claim warranty as it was very slow copy out the files take whole day and night and some files missing, so thats the problem.

Clone I use WD acronics manager but must have atleast one WD HDD in your pc to do that. Hope that help.

I replaced my failing 500GB SandDisk SSD with the SandDisk Plus 1TB. I use EaseUS Partition Manager to clone the failing SSD to the new SSD. I then installed the cloned SSD in the desktop using the same cables that were connected to the failing SSD.

I then went through a bit of hell determining what I needed to do in the BIOS. I was lucky and found the correct combinations. To me it was not obvious. The time before when the SSD failed (I’m now on my 4th SSD in this desktop which was built in 2010) I used Acronis to restore the boot drive from a backup. This was easy and straight forward. I have no idea why I did not do the same for this new SSD. I’ll chalk it up to being older and not as sharp.