3rd Sansa Clip

I have bought 3 sansa clips in the past 2 years…For spending around $40, I would expect the product to last at least a year…My first two went haywire after about 6 months…I could not reset nothing and did not save my receipts…This last one is going ballistic once again, It is not stopping when powered on…it goes to music,books,settings,etc without stopping…I’m done buying this ■■■■ again!!! I did happen to save my receipt this time and will be asking for a replacement…Funny, they want you to take a clear pic of the serial number which is barely visible through a high powered magnifiying glass.

Do you possibly have some schmutz or gunk causing a button to stick resulting in the constant scrolling. To be honest, I can’t remember anyone else having this issue. Was the issue with the 2 previous units the same?

@tapeworm wrote:

Do you possibly have some schmutz or gunk causing a button to stick resulting in the constant scrolling. To be honest, I can’t remember anyone else having this issue. Was the issue with the 2 previous units the same?

I think that “schmutz” is the technical term for it.   :wink:

Did you try downloading the latest firmware and manually installing it? Sometimes the firmware in the player becomes corrupted.

I am still using the Clip+ I bought in Sept. 2009. It still works fine except that the clip broke off. I have other Sandisk players as well.