.35 firmware is incredibly unstable

Installed the latest firmware (.35) on my Clipv2 and it bricked it. It froze up a couple times, rebooted a couple times, and then upon a third freezing in bootup I could not revive it after a hard shutoff (holding the power switch, correct?). I see no life either hooked up to the wall charger or usb on my computer (linux for clarity, MSC). Any chance of bringing it back from the dead or should I try to get it warrantied? (what’s the warranty period on these anyway? Do I still need the reciept/packaging?)

■■■■■, but “whaddya gonna do?”

Any additional info needed, just ask. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh ■■■■, I may have gotten MSC and MTP mixed up. I set it to MTP, but I use MSC. Could this have bricked it? *bangs head on keyboard*

Message Edited by Halborr on 03-23-2010 07:23 PM

Message Edited by Halborr on 03-23-2010 08:17 PM

Alright, holding the power brought it back up, cautiously using it…

Started playing, froze within 3 seconds. Do I have to “format” and reload my library?

EDIT: Alright, I “formatted” my player (although it may have borked, it powered down and when I got it back up all files were still there). I then reinstalled the firmware (same file though, I will have to try to grab the file again. Where’s that md5sum again?).

Message Edited by Halborr on 03-23-2010 07:43 PM

Ok, I reinstalled the firmware (.35), did a full format (all my music is gone) and the radio is currently playing and has been for more than a minute without crashing. (all this on the wall charger)

I put a single .ogg file on there, we’ll see if it plays without crashing… Good. Adjusting the volume…Good. Adjusting the EQ… Crashed. Brought it back up via hard reset, came back on the radio. Checked the EQ, it’s at normal, browsing to the .ogg file, crashed. Tried it a second time, currently playing the file. Seems to be doing ok. Going to bed.

Wow, excuse my language, but who let this unstable ■■■■ out the door?

EDIT: Paused and Un-Paused, froze again.

Message Edited by Halborr on 03-23-2010 08:16 PM

@halborr wrote:

Ok, I reinstalled the firmware (.35), did a full format (all my music is gone) and the radio is currently playing and has been for more than a minute without crashing. (all this on the wall charger)

I put a single .ogg file on there, we’ll see if it plays without crashing… Good. Adjusting the volume…Good. Adjusting the EQ… Crashed. Brought it back up via hard reset, came back on the radio. Checked the EQ, it’s at normal, browsing to the .ogg file, crashed. Tried it a second time, currently playing the file. Seems to be doing ok. Going to bed.

Wow, excuse my language, but who let this unstable ■■■■ out the door?

EDIT: Paused and Un-Paused, froze again.

Message Edited by Halborr on 03-23-2010 08:16 PM

I’ve been using.35 on my v2 Clip (8GB) for over a week and no problems.  I do have to ask: does it do the same thing with MP3 files?  I don’t use OGG so maybe they mucked something up something there.

That’s a good point. I might grab a .mp3 file and test it out. (I won’t be migrating to .mp3, but for testing sake)

Can anyone md5sum their download of  clipv2.zip?

Here’s what mine comes out as:

f374ad01174636bdfee1a55b6af2826f  clipv2.zip

Just ignore this thread, Rockbox hit unstable for the clipv2 the other day, and I’m running that now (I have ways to get around not being able to write to the internal memory as far as settings. I can deal with no resume.)

Halborr wrote:
Just ignore this thread , Rockbox hit unstable for the clipv2 the other day, and I’m running that now (I have ways to get around not being able to write to the internal memory as far as settings. I can deal with no resume.)

Except for tnmats , everyone else has. :stuck_out_tongue: