32GB SanDisk microSD card, $30 (deal back)

New 32GB SanDisk microSD Class 4 card w/adapter, $30 + $5 s/h (U.S.) - Sept. 23 only

http://1saleaday.com/

A super deal–grab it!

9-28-11 UPDATE: The deal is up again, via Ben’s Outlet (there might be some relationship between 1saleaday and Ben’s Outlet?), the same $35 shipped (ok, $34.99) pricing.  Limited quantities.

http://www.bensoutlet.com/products/sandisk-32gb

:slight_smile:

9-28-11 UPDATE:

The deal is up again, via Ben’s Outlet (there might be some relationship between 1saleaday and Ben’s Outlet?), the same $35 shipped (ok, $34.99) pricing.  Limited quantities.

http://www.bensoutlet.com/products/sandisk-32gb

:slight_smile:

Is this Ben’s Outlet an authorized SanDisk reseller/retailer? Does anybody have any expeerience with them? With all the fake and/or counterfeit 32GB cards floating around out there, I’d want some recommendations or assurances of their integrity or business practices before I hand over my credit card info.

Of course, the same goes for 1saleaday. Until you posted a link to it, I had never heard of them. Not to say they aren’t legit, but one must always be suspicious these days of on-line sellers (of anything) that appear to crop up out of nowhere. Have you bought from them before? Has anybody here?

Just being cautious . . .

:wink:

1saleaday is a mainstay, well, 1-item-for-sale-per-day Internet-based company.  (Actually, they do a handful (5, I believe) of items per day, in different categories.)  Think Woot.com.  I’ve purchased from them before, without issue–sometimes just with a longer processing-out time (just like with Woot).  They have an exchange policy (within 21 days of receipt) for defective items.  resellerratings has it at 4/5 stars - 8.4/10. 

Ben’s Outlet likewise seems to be an Internet-based liquidator-type company, but selling until stock runs out.  I haven’t purchased from them before, but seem to recall hearing positive things–again, seemingly not a fly-by-night.  It has a 30-day-from-order return policy.  resellerratings.com has it at 4/5 stars - 8.02/10.

A credit card always gives comfort, should there be an issue.

Are these cards sold loose, or are they retail packaged? I am leery of the cheap bulk cards that are sold loose.

I want a card in a sealed package.

@jk98 wrote:

Are these cards sold loose, or are they retail packaged? I am leery of the cheap bulk cards that are sold loose.

I want a card in a sealed package.

Good point JK. If they are not sold in retail packaging, SanDisk won’t honor any warranty on them. How would they know if the defective card in question originally was sold in retail packaging and not bulk? Although the package could be long gone, I’m sure they can tell by the serial number stamped on the card.

EDIT: I just took another look at Ben’s Outlet descriptive page for the card in question. 2 things bother me:

1. 1 year warranty (SanDisk provides a 5 year warranty on these cards).
  2. Says it comes packaged in “a jewel case”??? What the heck in this jewel case? Is it like the ones that CD’s come in? I’ve bought (and seen) cards that come in a little milky-white plastic ‘wallet’ or snap case, but I certainly wouldn’t call that a “jewel” case by any means.

For lack of any better (or more complete) information, these 2 things could/would suggest that the cards being sold are in bulk packaging from SanDisk, and therefore not warrantied by SanDisk.

Tapeworm wrote:

Says it comes packaged in “a jewel case”??? What the heck in this jewel case? Is it like the ones that CD’s come in? I’ve bought (and seen) cards that come in a little milky-white plastic ‘wallet’ or snap case, but I certainly wouldn’t call that a “jewel” case by any means.

That is what a “jewel case” is where flash memory cards are concerned, I believe.

I likewise believe that the “jewel case” is the little plastic case the cards often come in. As to warranty, I think it likely that the seller really hasn’t focused on that–liquidators like Ben’s Outlet not infrequently get info. like this incorrect.

If you buy anything from Ben’s Outlet that’s defective, simply e-mail them, and they will immediately refund your money, no questions asked.  At least, that’s been my experience, and I’ve been buying from them for a while now.  I don’t think you’ll have any problems with the microSD, but if your leery, my honest suggestion is just don’t buy.

Well, I guess I learned something today . . .

Jewel: clear, bright, shiny, spectacularly brilliant.

CD Jewel Case: clear, bright, shiny, spectacularly brilliant.

SD Memory Card Jewel Case: dull, flimsy, opaque, unexcitedly mediocre and utilitarian.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the SD card jewel case may be opaque, dull and utilitarian, but it doesn’t break like CD jewel cases–it does the job! :wink:

That’s true. They are sturdy little buggers. :smileyvery-happy: