32GB SanDisk microSD card, $30 (deal back)

you can find it here now:

same deal as 1saleaday.com but they are sold out there, at kefers its still on

http://kefers.com/38-sandisk-32gb-microsdhc-class-4-flash-memory-card-with-sdhc-card-adatper-model-sdsdq-032g-bulk-pack.html

$34.99 Free shipping, i got mine there, and its working perfect, and its a Class 4 too,

I got mine in 3 days.

1 post with a link? Informative.

2 posts within 27 hours with the same link? Shilling and/or spam! :angry:

Please curb your enthusiasm.

@tapeworm wrote:

1 post with a link? Informative.

2 posts within 27 hours with the same link? Shilling and/or spam! :angry:

Please curb your enthusiasm.

+1

You folks assume shilling or sham when someone posts about a great deal (and it was the same poster who posted 2x, not separate people)? I just might like to assume, in contrast and with a happy face and a smile, someone kindly posting a good deal for others’ consumption, for which I thank the OP. :wink: And as to warranty: even if it’s only 1-year, umm, so what, really, in the end? If the memory is bad, it’s generally, in the electronics field, going to be bad right away or shortly thereafter, right? Just check it out when you get it. And if you’d like more warranty, purchase the card with a credit card that automatically doubles the product warranty–voila, you now have at least 2 years. :wink: Just sayin’ . . . .

Miikerman, I have to respectfully disagree with you.  The way the poster did it, and twice, seemed to me more like an advertisement than just sharing information about a good deal.  I’m not implying anything, whether good or bad, about the site itself, but the way the “sharing” was done.

Cool. I just want to encourage deals to be posted, and certainly not to discourage them. And, hey, in the end, it’s shilling for SanDisk, right, as it’s a SanDisk card? :wink: (And thanks for RESPECTFULLY disagreeing! :slight_smile: )

Miikerman, I have to respectfully disagree with you.  The way the poster did it, and twice, seemed to me more like an advertisement than just sharing information about a good deal.  I’m not implying anything, whether good or bad, about the site itself, but the way the “sharing” was done.”

Haven’t you EVER been enthusiastic about anything? I would have been more excited about this though if it was listed as a class 4 retail package card for $35. I think the Sandisk class 4 retail package 32 GB micro SDHC card are around $44 on Amazon now. I don’t like the idea of buying a loose card.

Kefer’s is repeating the $34.99 + free shipping deal for the next 24 hours.

http://kefers.com/38-sandisk-32gb-microsdhc-class-4-flash-memory-card-with-sdhc-card-adatper-model-sdsdq-032g-bulk-pack.html

I’m surprised at the recent rash of deals on 32GB cards. If I were a pessimist, I might say it’s indicative of less-than-expected (or even poor) sales at whatever the previous price level was.

Much lower flash memory cards now is no surprise. Ram prices are very low, and Micron and others who make both ram and flash memory have converted quite a bit of their ram production equipment to making flash memory. I am surprised that flash memory cards aren’t even lower than they are now, and that SDXC cards aren’t mainstream and inexpensive yet. At around $1-1.25 retail per GB for cards 8Gb-32GB, imo flash memory cards still aren’t that cheap. Lets see how long it takes for 64GB cards to become mainstream, and be priced under $50, and for 32GB cards to drop to under $20 retail. Sandisk is still making plenty of money, so the cost of making the cards is also dropping rapidly.

Now, if only this lowering pricing made its way into the players themselves, with larger capacities (including jukebox sizes) being offered and more mainstream.

@jk98 wrote:

Much lower flash memory cards now is no surprise. Ram prices are very low, and Micron and others who make both ram and flash memory have converted quite a bit of their ram production equipment to making flash memory. I am surprised that flash memory cards aren’t even lower than they are now, and that SDXC cards aren’t mainstream and inexpensive yet. At around $1-1.25 retail per GB for cards 8Gb-32GB, imo flash memory cards still aren’t that cheap. Lets see how long it takes for 64GB cards to become mainstream, and be priced under $50, and for 32GB cards to drop to under $20 retail. Sandisk is still making plenty of money, so the cost of making the cards is also dropping rapidly.

Even the 16GB cards are barely under $20…so I think it will be quite a while yet before the 32GB cards are.

I remember that in the summer of 2000 64meg compact flash cards were $200. That is $3,200 per GB! This works out to any average price decline of around 50% per GB each year for flash memory cards.  In 2021 will we see 32 terabyte micro sized cards for $40?

“Even the 16GB cards are barely under $20…so I think it will be quite a while yet before the 32GB cards are.”

Imo it might take up to a year for  class 4 retail package 32GB micro SDHC cards to be under $20, although they might be available in limited numbers as a black Friday special this year.

Sandisk releasing the 32gb Mobile Ultra microsdhc card not long ago, may account for the lowering prices on these cards.

@jk98 wrote:

“Even the 16GB cards are barely under $20…so I think it will be quite a while yet before the 32GB cards are.”

Imo it might take up to a year for  class 4 retail package 32GB micro SDHC cards to be under $20, although  they might be available in limited numbers as a black Friday special this year.

That’s about the only way I would order one, is if it was under $25 total. Given that I already have 32GB and 64GB players, I’m quite content to wait for the 32GB cards to drop down in price…even if it does mean one of my Sansas has no card.

@jk98 wrote:

I remember that in the summer of 2000 64meg compact flash cards were $200. That is $3,200 per GB! This works out to any average price decline of around 50% per GB each year for flash memory cards.   In 2021 will we see 32 terabyte micro sized cards for $40?

What would we do with such humongous storage?  And if the card got lost?  Then what?

"What would we do with such humongous storage? "

In 2000 when 64meg cards were $200, if you would have told someone that 32GB cards would be $40 in 2011, people would have asked what could someone possibly do with 32GB. In 10 years there might be super high definition video that uses up over a terabyte an hour. Will we have gigapixel digital cameras in 10 years?

@mags1230 wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

I remember that in the summer of 2000 64meg compact flash cards were $200. That is $3,200 per GB! This works out to any average price decline of around 50% per GB each year for flash memory cards.   In 2021 will we see 32 terabyte micro sized cards for $40?

What would we do with such humongous storage?  And if the card got lost?  Then what?

No need to compress your music files anymore . . . .

@miikerman wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

No need to compress your music files anymore . . . .

Do you know anyone that would have 32TB of music, even if it was all .wav? :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Do you know anyone that would have 32TB of music, even if it was all .wav? :stuck_out_tongue:

Holy Audiophile, Batman! How many hours of CD-quality audio would that even be?

</toolazytodothemath>