2 Bugs with Podcasts I have using Sansa Clip+

I have had 2 bugs with podcasts on Sansa Clip+. One is a podcast that is about 1 hr 50 minutes long shows up in the track info as about 2 hrs and 12 minutes long and if I forward or rewind the podcast sometimes it will show up at a different point not where it should be based on the time usually being about at a point 20 minutes earlier then it should be which I guess makes sense for the track time if off by 20 minutes when I go to into the track info… It is annoying and sometimes I don’t know if it is at the right point. This is with podcasts labeled as ID3v.2.4.

The second bug is when I end a podcast in the folder mode and it goes to the next one which I already listened to part of it the time will show 0:00 even though it is the middle of the podcast although once you rewind or forward it will go back to the beginning and where it should be based on the wrong time listed on the podcast to start. This is with all podcasts being in 2.4 or 2.3.

I second this post. I experience the 2nd bug you mentioned all the time, very annoying!

P.S. I remove all tags from my podcast files before putting them on the Clip+, so they will all appear together.

Not sure if the first problem is because the podcast is more then an hour long or it is because it is ID 2.4. . Hope it is corrected with a firmware update. It seems to happen when I resume the file or rewind or forward. I can load the same podcast into 3 40 mintues podcasts as it is a one hour podcast withouth the commercials. I am going to try that to see if at least this is a fix for now.

The problem seems to be with with ID3v2.4 tag. I tried loading one hour segments and the duration on the Clip+ is incorrect in 2/6 of them. Of the 2 that are for the 3 hour show without the commercials 1/2 is wrong.

It seems to add 17% to the duration. The 3 differences of time are as follows.

The 1 hr 53 minute 5 second podcast is listed as 2 hr 12 minute and 18 seconds. Increase of 17%

The smaller podcasts have the same difference. The 37 minute and 38 second podcast is listed as 44 minute and 2 seconds. Increase of 17%

The 37 minute and 42 second podcast is listed as 44 minute and 7 seconds also an increase of 17%.

What happens is you resume or forward or rewind it sometimes will play at an ealier point so the podcast will end at this wrong time listed on the Clip+ and sometimes it will play with the podcast ending at the correct point. It therefore has 2 different points it will play at for the same time therefore.  It seems to exist only on the ID3v2.4 as far as I know.

@clipfan7 wrote:

The problem seems to be with with ID3v2.4 tag.

It’s common knowledge (at least around here on the forum) that ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format is the best and most trouble-free tag to use. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

It’s common knowledge (at least around here on the forum) that ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format is the best and most trouble-free tag to use. :wink:

That is, if you can remember that string.  :wink:

@miikerman wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

That is, if you can remember that string.  :wink:

As stated in another thread here, copy and paste would work a treat!:wink:

How do you change the ID tag.

With regards to the second problem this exists among all podcasts of all types not just 2.4 that if you finish one podcast in the folder mode it will automatically go to the next one which it should but if the next podcast is already started it will list the time of 0:00 even though it is in the middle of the podcast and once you forward or rewind it will change the place based on the timer and you will love the place it was at.

With regards to the first problem with the original clip you don’t have this problem with pocast of the 2.4 variety so I would hope it is fixed although I guess you can change the ID tag which I don’t know how to do.

@clipfan7 wrote:

How do you change the ID tag.

MP3Tag is the easiest utility to use. Change the default ‘write’ setting in the Tools menu.