E200v2 03.01.16 Firmware Download & Instructions

I have downloaded the newest firmware on my e280 (e200v2 03.01.16)

I have a choice of 3 Modes

MTP

MSC

and

Auto Detect

What is Auto Detect for (I’m clear on MTP & MSC)?

Is there an instance when I should use Auto Detect?

Thanks in advance

Hi vido332,

if plug-in on a Microcream XP-Operating System,

the system asks you, what mode you want to

use, so if you choose “Auto Detect” the

choice is up to you.

Regards,

Stefan 

Auto detect mode first attempts connection in MTP mode, then if unsuccessful, it establishes an MSC connection.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Bob, thanks!

I like that… sounds like I want to use Auto-Detect

I’ll change that in my Settings - USB Mode

Really appreciate the answer!

vido

Can anybody tell me which version that support Arabic langauge for e280?

Sure, I’m running the Americas version, and I have cool Arabic characters as an option.  Wish I could read them.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

My v2 e260 is doing the same thing as the person said, computer won’t recognize it.

I have a Sansa e260 , v03.01.11A My computer is running Windows XP with 1gb of RAM. I have been successfully using my e260 for about a month now. However I just went to connect it to my computer to add music and the computer does not recognize it. It says your device was not recognized properly and may not work. It then shows connecting, writing then refreshing database over and over.  

I downloaded the new firmware and tried to install it. When the installer says connect the e200, nothing happens (except it says refreshing database over and over).

I have tried turning it to HOLD and holding the left button in and it still isn’t recognized.  

Please help.

Thanks,

MC

hey guys.  thanks for the firmware.  before I download it and stuff, will this void my warenty and if I use v 1 firmware on a v2 sansa, will that brick it?  thats some questions I have.

budinsky 

Hi Budinsky,

in the original wrapping of my docking station

they included a handout that recomended to

update the firmware, so it should not influence

the waranty.

Regards,

Stefan 

DO NOT USE V1 FIRMWARE ON A V2!!!

There is a separate thread for v2 firmware. The version number begins with 3.X

Actually, this is the v2 firmware thread. If you have a v1, use firmware 1.x, a separate thread.  

Message Edited by c1u31355 on 06-26-2008 11:04 AM

thanks guys.  just wanted to know if it would mess up my sansa uin v 1 firmware on v2.

Te processors of these two generations of e200 are different.  The v1 series (PortalPlayer) firmware is in mi4 format, and the v2 series (AustriaMicrosystems) firmware is a bin file.

The firmware is tailored to each different processor family.  Trying to install the wrong type of firmware isn’t a good idea.  Be sure to identify your Sansa’s type before installing the firmware.

Hello,

I want to report several bugs.

1.) This thread says, that displaying Album Art in photos got fixed. Actually my sansal e260 v2 03.01.16F still displays all Cover photos within photos which is really anoying if you try to find your own photos. On the otherhand it could be interesting to browse cover art, so I would suggest to group all cover art under an extra menu entry within the photos menu. 

2.) The clock isn’t working at all. No matter what I set the time to, the sansa is always showing something different. Sometimes 10min sometimes more.

3.) German translation is wrong. Empty is spelled “Leer”  and not “Leeg” like it’s currently

4.) The radio sometimes doesn’t seems to initialize correctly and only plays noice. Cycling through the stations or switching the whole thing on and off helps.

regards,

peter 

Hello Doob,

my clock works fine :slight_smile:

For me the Sansa e200v2 is a musik player,

so the picture issue is of no relevance (for me),

but a music player should play the songs

without drop outs.

I have two kinds of drop outs:

1.) Between songs (if there shouldn’t be a break)

2.) During the songs (sometimes) 

If you want to check the spelling,

I suggest:LEO

“leer” is the correct translation of “empty”.

Regards,

Stefan 

Guys Please help me i have e260v2 and firmware version is V03.01.11A and using windows xp.

i tried whatever said above and it is not at all getting detected by XP.

I have " Switched the device on, put the device on hold, pressed and holded the “|<<” button,connected the USB Cable"

But it is not getting connected in the MSC mode or not at all recognised as it is said above.

Instead in the player’s screen it says " connecting, writing and then refreshing database" and again “connecting, writing, refreshing” and this cycle goes on happening.

Whenever i connect windows XP says " USB Device not recognised" in a yellow baloon and in device manager it is coming as " Unknown device".

Please help me out guys i ve got frustrated for almost a week and felt a lot why i got this.

Hello Balaji,

have you tried the SanDisk-Support?

If you do so, open your player with

a screw driver and write down the

serial no, it is written on a tiny white

label inside the player. The support

want to know this number.

Have you tried to disable your anti-virus

protection, are you working with administrative

rights?

Good luck!

ellocco

Message Edited by ellocco on 07-03-2008 09:14 AM

It looks like you might have the operations mixed up a bit, trying to connect in MSC mode.

Hold the power / menu button down for 15 seconds and release.

The Sansa must be OFF.  You can test this by pressing the center button- it should not respond.  Now slide the HOLD switch to the right, toward the headphone jack, and see that the orange bar is visible.

Hold the << button depressed while connecting to the PC.  Don’t release the button until signs of activity on the PC.

Are you now connected?  The display should show the connected logo, and the Sansa should be shown under “devices with removable storage” in My Computer (windows explorer).

You mention that your Sansa has firmware version 3.01.11- this is a point of contention, as it has no MSC mode selection on the device, and the early firmware was prone to database refresh lockup issues.

If the device is communicating normally, update the firmware by following the directions in this Firmware Thread.

Hello ellocco,

nice, that you are lucky with yours, but no reason not to make suggestions how to improve things.

For me, if a thing is supposed to work in a certain way I would call it a bug if it doesn’t no matter if I only look a photos 5% of the time compared to listening to music or not.

I suggest rather reading posts more carefully before you reply than teaching me about my mother tongue.

regards,

peter

And btw. I’m a developer myself, so for me reporting bugs is something normal. I don’t do this to ■■■■ someone off, so there is no need to answer to this in an ironic way and teach me things if it isn’t really related and you don’t read carefully. That I reported such a minor thing like spelling is not because I’m that pedantic like you might think but just to report it. Normaly developers appriciate this. They have a issue tracking system, put it in there, correct it in the next version and everything is fine.

Message Edited by doob on 07-04-2008 01:48 AM

Message Edited by doob on 07-04-2008 01:48 AM

What do you mean by add it to the root directory? Where the Data and Media folders are right? It won’t let me drag, copy, or move anything there. Do I move it to the Data folder?

edit:

Okay, I guess you have to connect in MSC mode in order to drag to root, then why does this guide state that Windows users can connect in any mode? That made me skip over the instructions for connecting in MSC mode.

Message Edited by J-Rumble on 07-07-2008 01:51 AM

@balaji wrote:

Guys Please help me i have e260v2 and firmware version is V03.01.11A and using windows xp.

i tried whatever said above and it is not at all getting detected by XP.

I have " Switched the device on, put the device on hold, pressed and holded the “|<<” button,connected the USB Cable"

But it is not getting connected in the MSC mode or not at all recognised as it is said above.

Instead in the player’s screen it says " connecting, writing and then refreshing database" and again “connecting, writing, refreshing” and this cycle goes on happening.

Whenever i connect windows XP says " USB Device not recognised" in a yellow baloon and in device manager it is coming as " Unknown device".

Please help me out guys i ve got frustrated for almost a week and felt a lot why i got this.

What USB port are you using? I have this problem with the front USB connectors on my PC case. For some reason, they don’t work with every device. It wont recognize several Flash Drives and the Sansa (even though my older Kingston flash drive works fine). Try a port on the back of your PC.