E200v2 03.01.16 Firmware Download & Instructions

Dan:

Thanks for the note.

The only postings I find from you on the subject discuss doing it with the firmware updater from Windows. I was trying to do it from Linux (my main OS here).

I did dig out the old windows laptop (XP) and downloaded the firmware updater, installed it and tried to run it, but it keeps claiming that there are no updates available when I know that there certainly is one. the e260 claims firmware version v03.01.11T, and that’s the version the updater program shows.

So I’m stumped.

ah, here I am following up on my own post. time to eat a little crow :cry:

Can’t get the firmware updaer to work on Windows, so I went back to LInux and tried it again. This time it worked, and I figured out why it hadn’t worked for me before:

After the file transfer is done I forgot to unmount the usb device before disconnecting it. The file hadn’t yet actually been written tot he device, so unmounting it forces the write. then disconnect it and it does update the firmware.

Thanks for putting up with me! :wink:

Mr Smiley Face,

GOOD NEWS FINALLY! - With 03.01.16a for Americas Shuffle works properly with PLAYLISTS.  If you want to turn unhappy faces to SMILEY FACES, you should add the above to the list of BUG FIXES.  The comment that is made about Shuffle in the list does not state this.

e280v2 - stop telling people they need to use WMP 10 or 11 and screw with syncronization and playlists.  That is total nonsense.

a. Run in MTP mode.

b. Create folder or drag a folder from PC to Sansa.

c. Right-mouse - there you see CREATE PLAYLIST as top option.

d. When done, for good organization and I think no other reason, move it the PLAYLIST folder.

As for the External 4gb Sandisk microcard.  I’ve only read of the problems with it.  I’ve not placed any MUSIC files on it but will try it soon (into a folder, doing same as above) hoping for success.

Next, when will the MEDIA CONVERTER do just that without hanging on MOST MEDIA?  Correct that and you guys become Maytag men.  Then, if you have nothing to do, write a users manual.

Thank you,

Ira

@mrsmileyface wrote:

1. Once downloaded, connect the Sansa e200 v2 to the computer.
  2. Extract the .zip file.
  3. Add the firmware file you just extracted to the root directory of the Sansa e200 v2.
  4. Once its been added, disconnect the device, it will then say that it is upgrading the firmware. It will eventually turn off. Once it turns off, turn it back on, and it should ask you for a language to select. Once the language is chosen, head to Settings > Info and verify that the “Version” is V03.01.14.

Message Edited by SansaMe on 03-18-2008 01:03 PM

if i am verifing the upgrade to v x.16 i would want my sansa to tell me that i have x.16 not x.14

Message Edited by Hillshum on 04-01-2008 10:39 AM

Updated.

My e280v2 is not recognized by the computer. As soon as it comes on it moves to "writing, then “connected.” The Sansa Updater does not recognize it to update the firmware. Because it is version 2, it does not have the USB mode in settings to move to MSC mode.

The music on it, more than 300 songs, just disappeared. One day they were there; the next, they were gone.

I’ve scoured the forum to see how to update or reset the player. Turning the hold button, pressing the left button when connecting does not do anything.

Any help for where to look to get the Sansa e280 to update would most appreciated. What I’ve read here has not worked for me. It worked flawlessly for 3.5 months; then, it’s lost the music and no ability to update or add music.

EdProf9-

From your post, if you don’t have the USB mode selection option in “Settings”, you have the early 3.01.11 firmware; this did not offer the MSC mode.

Files transferred in MTP mode are not visible in MSC mode.  If you manually switch over to the opposite mode, your music will not be visible from the PC side.  Well, as long as you don’t use the Format command on the device…

Try connecting your e280 first without changing modes- look under My Computer for the e280 under Other Devices, and under Devices with removable storage…does it show up there?

Then try connecting manually in MSC mode by switching the hold switch on (orange visible), then plug in the device while holding the rewind button down.  If you can find the sansa in this mode, load the 3.01.16 firmware, and that will give you the USB mode option.

Bob  :wink:

Bob,

Thank you for your gracious response. You described the firmware number accurately. However, I was unable to do any of the manual switches. I attempted the connection but my computer would not recognize it as removable storage or player or anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled the updater three times, tried to connect, but without success. Because I thought it was toast, I decided to format to see if anything would help.The music did disappear for sure after that, and I knew it was reloadable IF we could get it to update.

Now the news: between last night when I wrote the request and this morning, something happened that I cannot explain.

I turned on the computer this morning, reconnected the Sansa e280, ate breakfast, and came back to take the Sansa off only to see the Sansa Updater in the icon tray. I ran the updater, and the new firmware is on the player. USB mode now appears in the Settings menu. Whatever happened internally is a mystery to me that it would suddenly update.

I wanted to let you know since you had taken time to suggest a solution.

I’m concerned, however, that I may have a player that is beginning to fail since it chose to enter the mode without any outside assistance. Now, I know it has no life of its own, but it was working one day and not the next.

Again, my thanks.

Kurt :dizzy_face: 

OK, I’m not technically minded but as the updater thing wasn’t working I tried!  But when I tried to drag and drop the file over I got an error message:

Cannot copy e200pf: data error (cyclic redundancy check). 

Any suggestions?  I’m in MSC mode.  I have E280v2  (V03.01.14E) with free memory.  I tried installing the firmware before but it crashed partway and now I’m having problems with the player I thought retrying might fix the problems.

Perhaps I need to reset it?

Jennie 

My e280 now takes longer to start up and shut down–like 10 seconds or longer. It used to take about 3-5 seconds. Anyone else with this change after upgrade?

Anyone know if/when Rockbox will be available for e280 v2? I’ve had enough of Sansa’s lame OS… Other than issues with the OS, I’m happy with the player.

I noticed the same thing after doing the 03.01.16 firmware upgrade.   Now my e280 takes 10-15 seconds to start up and another 10-15 seconds to shut down.

I’m glad to hear that your sansa is running again! There is an often overlooked issue with the Sansa Updater and with communications issues: rebooting your PC can often cure a myriad of little ailments. Quite often, it’s a little nugget of importance hidden within the registry of your PC that gets fixed upon the reboot.

Sometimes, it’s the new installation (this applies to any problematic new software), and sometimes it has to do with running applications that seem to be “in the way”, for lack of a better term.

For those who run the Rhapsody 4 client, I’ve been known to bang my head on the desk occasionally in disgust, only to have peace and contentment upon rebooting.

Sansafix has a good piece of advice with the slowed database refresh and shutdown- format the device (use the sansa’s format command). I like to delete the mtable.sys database file using windows explorer too- this clears the slate, and the sansa will generate a new database upon disconnect. (Version 2 players)

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 04-10-2008 03:02 PM

Is there a public place where Sansa (SanDisk) stores the most recent

firmware files?

What is the most recent version (Apr-2008)?

With the updater I’m not successful with update.

I want to update my e2XXv2 to " 03.02.05H " or newer.

Kind regards,

ellocco

Is there / will there be 03.01.16P version of this firmware?

Thanks

Dear friends I have a Sansa e250 v2, I want to download videos but I can not get someone can help me or perhaps I need to upgrade the firmware because I have no have a firmware help me please ¡ thanks

1. D/L Sandisk Sansa Media Converter smc-4.236 and install on PC.

2. Be sure to also install latest firmware .16

BOTH product versions solve loads of problems.

1. Connect Sansa to PC.

2. Open Media Converter.

3. Select files.

4. Click Convert.

Again, my experience is these updates do their job properly.

BTW: I own an e280v2.

Good Luck,

Ira

A way to delete videos would be good, a timeout to the screen/backlight when it’s charging and not transferring anything (I don’t mind the noise made by my pc but I mind the light that my e250 makes while charging overnight :smiley: ) and eventually a zoom function for the photos. Anyways, nice improvements, especially the low volume and better FM.

hi,
I write from Italy and I know the link just for my pomace E280 without fm radio:
1- EUROPE w/o FM -
2- EUROPE w FM -

thanks Roberto

The w and w/o mean with or without fm. If your player doesn’t have radio get the firmware from the europe w/o fm link :-)

I bought a e280 v2 a few days ago. Unfortunately my computer won’t recognize the player. I’ve tried to connect it while holding the |<< button, but nothing happens. Can anyone help me on this one? Mycomputer runs on Windows XP