E200v2 03.01.16 Firmware Download & Instructions

My sansa is having trouble…part way through “refresh database” the screen goes blue and it hangs.  Based on what I’ve read on this forum, I need e200fw01.00.12.exe and have to run it in recovery mode.  However, the sandisk link for this firmware is stale…does someone have a copy of this firmware or the new link to it?

thanks. 

dolhop wrote:

My sansa is having trouble…part way through “refresh database” the screen goes blue and it hangs.  Based on what I’ve read on this forum, I need e200fw01.00.12.exe and have to run it in recovery mode.  However, the sandisk link for this firmware is stale…does someone have a copy of this firmware or the new link to it?

1.) You posted this request in the v2 Firmware thead. You are asking for v1 firmware, and the original firmware to boot from many, many moons ago. Also Recovery Mode is also _ only _ on the v1 devices.

2.) Why don’t you just format it? Step-by-step directions are here.

dolhop wrote:

thanks. 

Ah, you have searched well, Grasshopper.  I wish 1.00.12 were currently available on the SanDisk server, but it has been lost in the aether during maintenance.  For those who haven’t seen it, the executable would automatically find the live Sansa on the USB bus and would transfer the base firmware automatically, making for a quick recovery.

With one caveat, however: the base FW had no custom EQ, so after recovering, you’d be best served by then updating to 1.02.24 for a completed device.

As crisis is the mother of invention, I’ll do some searching for the code on one of the PCs here, I’m sure I must have a copy somewhere…

You can, of course, recover the device by installing 1.02.24 manually following the steps in the v1 firmware thread.  A word of caution!  BE VERY CAREFUL THAT YOU DO NOT ATTEMPT FORMATTING THE DEVICE WHEN CONNECTED IN RECOVERY MODE USING WINDOWS!!  Simply right-click and select New Folder, then Rename this folder sansa.fmt instead.  The device will format itself automatically.

Then drag and drop the PP5022.mi4 and BL_SD**.rom files along with the fmt folder to the 16MB FORMAT partition.  When you unplug, it willinstall the firmware and format the data partition automatically, ready for reloading your music.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I doesn’t work. still asks for a driver. it has recovery mode I-m sure I updated the firmware once. when you install windows on pc it’s asks to format  the partition where do you want to install it. I selected the sansa partition and I pressed format and when I started again nothing but the blue light from the volume button.

@djviruss wrote:
I doesn’t work. still asks for a driver. it has recovery mode I-m sure I updated the firmware once. 

Then you have a v1 player and are in the wrong thread.  Regardless, if you can’t boot you should be able to fix it using e200tool, although the process is complicated. 

it worked!!!  I used e200 tool like you said thanks.

Here is my issue. I have an e280 (little v2 next to it) Version V03.01.11A. I operate off windows 7. I did as the instructions as provided, turn the device off, put it on hold (orange showing), hold the left button, plug it in, wait for the device to register on the computer and nothing happens. It doesn’t even try to connect, write or refresh. There is no way for me to change the USB mode and the Sansa Updater doesn’t see any device plugged in. I formatted the device a couple times now, still nothing. Gettin’ pretty frustrated! What did I miss? Is it because I’m operating in windows 7 or what?

Any help is much appreciated!

I use my e280v2 (v03.01.16A) with Windows 7 all the time, without all the hold switch complexity you describe.  USB mode is MTP, I just plug it in and in a few seconds it shows up under “Computer / Porable Devices”

Yep I figure it shouldn’t be that tough to get it working, but I couldn’t tell ya what USB mode I’m In. I dont even have an option to change it. Unlike your’s mine doesn’t show up as a portable device. I’d be happy if my computer saw it there at all.

Message Edited by LordKoda on 07-12-2010 09:21 PM

@lordkoda wrote:
…, but I couldn’t tell ya what USB mode I’m In. I dont even have an option to change it. …

Hi LordKoda,

older versions of the firmware do not have the feature to show the USB-Mode or the menu option to change it.

Regards, ellocco

Sorry I missed you…

The 3.01.11 firmware was MTP only , with MSC mode only possible by forcing the connection.  Interesting that Windows 7 was not picking up the device, as this OS should see the e200 as a Media Device natively.

Should anyone run into this issue, start with the e200 turned off, and plug in the data cable.  Does the device power up?  This verifies that the outermost power pins and connections are OK.  Now watch the display.  It’s normal for the Sansa display to “wink”, dimming a moment as the USB data bus begins communication, and then we should see the “writing / reading / connected” messages on the display.

If your device is in MTP mode, it should show up as a portable device in the Device Manager.  In MSC mode, it will be listed as a USB device (devices with removable storage), actually showing up twice, one for the internal, and one for the external memory port.

If the device is connecting, and you can locate it using Windows Explorer (My Computer), the firmware can be updated using MTP mode.  Simply double click on Internal Memory to open the root directory, then install as listed in the first post of this thread.  Unzip the bin file (firmware), then place it in the root.  In Windows land, this means alongside the folders listed in the open window, but not inside any of them.  The player will update upon disconnect.

If you have any connection issues, please feel free to ask here!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

HI! 

i have a sansa e270 player and i cannot use my 4GB micro SD card with it.

(only 2GB card works)(i have the 1.02.24v)

are there any fixes for this problem, and if yes what are they??

pls help!

[also question, if i have the firmware type 1 can i change to this called 03.01.16??]

@garofild wrote:

HI! 

i have a sansa e270 player and i cannot use my 4GB micro SD card with it.

(only 2GB card works)(i have the 1.02.24v)

are there any fixes for this problem, and if yes what are they??

pls help!

Answered in your duplicate post here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/User-guides-Firmware-Software/e200v1-01-02-24-Firmware-Download-amp-Instructions/m-p/218002/highlight/true#M3879

@garofild wrote:

[also question, if i have the firmware type 1 can i change to this called 03.01.16??]

No.

I have just recently purchased an e280 refurbished. The problem is that the firmware on it does not match the version of the player on the back of the case. It says e280v2 on the back, but the firmware is version 01.02.24E. Also for some reason the FM Tuner is not showing up in the Main Menu of the device when I turn it on. Would it be safe to install the  03.01.16 firmware and would it fix the access to the FM Tuner function?

you can not install the 3.X firmware if you have a 1.X player. you will have to install the 1.X firmware. also the E at the end means it is a European version. you can try installing the Americas version of the firmware but it may not have the FM tuner in it (some were sold in Europe without FM)if this is the case the FM will not work. 

@kylen wrote:

I have just recently purchased an e280 refurbished. The problem is that the firmware on it does not match the version of the player on the back of the case. It says e280v2 on the back, but the firmware is version 01.02.24E. Also for some reason the FM Tuner is not showing up in the Main Menu of the device when I turn it on. Would it be safe to install the  03.01.16 firmware and would it fix the access to the FM Tuner function?

In addition to what drlucky has said, it is not uncommon for re-furbed players to have the incorrect markings on the back plate. During the re-furbing process, no consideration is given to whether it is a v1 or v2. In fact, the person doing it on this particular player may not even know which it is. Their job is to simply grab a good-looking back plate out of a bin and install it.

The only sure way of knowing which version player you have (particularly with re-furbs) is to go by the firmware version listed in the Info menu. :smiley:

Thanks Guys for the help!

Converted it to the US version of the firmware and got the FM Tuner back! Thought I was going to to have to send it back and was really bummed, because I do love how easy they are to use. Every thing works great.

the Sansa e200 series i have has e250V2 on back of the plate , but the firmware in System into => is 1.02.24A .

is this v1 or V2 version of e250 ? can i update the V2 with 3.XXXX version firmware manually 

@cvmanjunath wrote:

the Sansa e200 series i have has e250V2 on back of the plate , but the firmware in System into => is 1.02.24A .

is this v1 or V2 version of e250 ? can i update the V2 with 3.XXXX version firmware manually 

It’s a v1. You can’t trust the back plate, especially if it’s a re-furb.

No, you can’t ‘upgrade’ from a v1 to a v2. They have different hardware inside requiring different firmware versions. The firmware version you have (01.02.24) is the latest one. The ‘A’ stands for America version.

There won’t be any more updates; this player has been discontinued for a few years now.