Re: e200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

What is about SDHC-Support in v1-Devices?

Yes, I would also like to know if/when SDHC

support will become available for e200 v1 series.

In the meantime ... I will look into Rockbox.

I just upgraded my e280 to firmware 01.02.24 and found a problem-- maybe a bug? 

While I can still drag and drop new MP3s (from ripped CDs of mine) to the Sansa, the cover art files (jpgs) are no longer allowed to transfer-- I get an error saying that it's not allowed.  Up until now, I could copy these with the rest of the album folder with no problem, and they would display when playing on the Sansa.  All the older albums are still there and, while the previously loaded artwork still displays, the image files are not to be seen in the file listing in Window Explorer when exploring the Sansa. (But they HAVE to be there-- they still display on the player!)  These image files are originally downloaded by Windows Media Player when you play the CD on your computer.  New albums I've downloaded (ripped from CDs) play on the Sansa, but there is no album art associated with it. 

Is this a bug or a known issue?  I didn't see in release notes or recent forum discussion.

SanDisk User

MSC mode allows drag and drop of all file types, including cover art.  MTP mode does not allow drag and drop of jpgs.  Possibly your e280 USB setting was MSC before you upgraded the firmware and it defaulted to MTP after you installed the new firmware.  Change it back to MSC and see if it fixes you up.
Marty
Sansa e280 v1

Voila!  Your suggestion to switch from MTP to MSC USB mode fixed the problem.  I should have realized this, but I guess I had the device in MSC for oh-so-long that I forgot-- and when the firmware upgrade switched me back to the default MTP, I ran aground.

Thanks for the tip.

SanDisk User

You're very welcome; glad it worked. 

After I updated my firmware, the tip-off that something was amiss was the time ... it defaulted to 24-hour time!  I did some further checking and found that several default settings had changed.

Marty
Sansa e280 v1

This firmware works like crap, it kills your MP3 player. Believe me, I'm just wanna talk to tech support, but, they don't reply back for months.
SanDisk Professor

First off, credit to THComputerGuy for figuring this out, and posting it here

If you have upgraded to 01.02.24 and it's not working, 01.02.18 is available for download.  Use this link - http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/e200/e200v101.02.18a.zip - for the Americas version, or change the "18a" in the address bar to whatever region you're looking for. 

Just follow these instructions for manual install (clipped from the original post in this thread).  Manual install is a snap -- I recommend ditching the updater, because updates are going to be few and far between for the discontinued e200 v1. 
  1. Once downloaded, extract the .zip file into a folder (take note to remember where you saved it).
  2. Next, change the device's mode from MTP to MSC by going to "Settings" then "USB Mode", then selecting MSC.
  3. Next, connect the device to the computer and it should show up with a drive letter. In the root directory of the Sansa e200v1, add the firmware files you just extracted from the zip.
  4. Once its been added, disconnect the device, it will then say that it is upgrading the firmware. It will eventually turn off. Once it turns off, turn it back on, and it should ask you for a language to select. Once the language is chosen, head to Settings > Info and verify that the "Version" is the same as the latest verstion, mentioned above.

Is this the right room for an argument?

How do you change the device's mode from MTP to MSC if you have a black screen?

Ok, I just took a hammer too it and destroyed it into many pieces. I will never buy a MP3 player from Sandisk again. Totally pissed ex-customer.