Re: e200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

Dear Sandisk, 

I have a Sansa e250 MP3 player. I wish to know if there is any patch available because I have a Sandisk 64GB micro Sd Card. So far It cant seem to support it. Hope that Sandisk can come out with a Patch or update so it enables me to use this Micro Sd Card on my MP3 player. TQ. 

And pls x say it cant be done. In this day and age, if u can send ppl to the moon, Its not rocket science to come out with a patch or update that enables an MP3 player to read a higher storage media card. TQ.

SanDisk Guru

Re: e200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

ramdev78 wrote:

Dear Sandisk, 
I have a Sansa e250 MP3 player. I wish to know if there is any patch available because I have a Sandisk 64GB micro Sd Card. So far It cant seem to support it. Hope that Sandisk can come out with a Patch or update so it enables me to use this Micro Sd Card on my MP3 player. TQ. 
And pls x say it cant be done. In this day and age, if u can send ppl to the moon, Its not rocket science to come out with a patch or update that enables an MP3 player to read a higher storage media card. TQ.

If your e250 is a version 1 (v1) hardware model, you are limited to a 2GB SD card, unless you use the 3rd-party open source firmware called Rockbox. You didn't specify which model you have, but you posted in the firmware thread for the v1 player so I can only assume that is what you have, or you posted in the wrong board.

If your player is a v2 model, those naturally support the SDHC format in which you can use up to a 32GB card in it as is. If you want to use a 64GB card though (and this applies to any known player today) they are in a new format SDXC, and you would have to re-format it to FAT32 from the original exFAT that the card is formatted with from the factory. Note also Windows will not do this for you; you will have to download a special app to do it. Guiformat is one that has been recommended by some who have successfully done this.

Now, having said all this it's important to note one other thing . . . the e200 series, being quite old now and antiquated by today's standards have a very limited database, around 2000 tracks. So it is highly unlikely you will be able to use any more than approx. half of this new storage space of a 64GB memory card (even less if you use low bit-rate files like 128kbps)  with the original firmware. You can load the card up, but the player will not be able to see or play a lot of the filers that are there. Again, to overcome this you would need to run Rockbox firmware, which is good for some, but quite techy and confusing for others.