E200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

@vivi wrote:

I really hope someone can help me.

My e260 (v1 I believe) keeps turning on by itself, and then turn back off the same way. When I try to turn it on, it turns off just a while later. I’ve already updated the firmware, but it didn’t make a difference…

First I thought the power button could be struck, then that it could be a virus, now i don’t have any idea… will I just have to smash it with a hammer too? :cry:

please help

It might just be stuck in a loop. Try re-setting it by pressing and holding the power button down for like 20 seconds or so. Then try it again. If it still can’t decide whether it wants to stay awake or go to sleep, it’s got more serious issues than what you can fix. Probably a resistor failing or something.

I’ve got a TV that does the same thing. It will work fine for months; then all of a sudden it will switch off by itself . . . and then on . . . it will do this for a while, increasing in frequency and then start scrolling backwards through the channels from 64 down to 2, continuously looping like that. The only way to shut it off at that point is to pull the plug.

This has been going on for years. I’ve had repairmen out several times. Each time they think they’ve found something different and it works when they leave. Then it will start up again, sometimes within an hour of them leaving, sometimes not again for months. If I let it ‘rest’ for a month or so then turn it on, it will work fine again, maybe for 2 hours, 2 days, 6 months, or a year or more. I have never seen anything like it before, and I’ve owned countless TV sets in my life.

I’m convinced it’s posessed. Thank goodness it hasn’t spun around and barfed pea soup on me yet. :smileyvery-happy:

But I digress . . . if your player doesn’t work right after trying the reset, get a new one. The prices are pretty reasonable now. If you get another e200 series, save the old one for spare parts (battery, face plate, etc.) :smiley: