E200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

Ok, I just took a hammer too it and destroyed it into many pieces. I will never buy a MP3 player from Sandisk again. Totally pissed ex-customer.

The aforementioned firmware rollback method only works if the Sansa is operational, and if it has not been smashed into many pieces with a hammer.  If either of those two conditions apply to your Sansa, other remedies will be needed. 

OMG, my friend, CN, the Pink Floyd of Techies, hahahah.

You are just too ruthless! You bad dog!

Now FreeSky? … “Oh, no you d’n’t.” (not really, … did you?)

And thanks for the Kudos, CN … on my single stroke of genius for my lifetime in being able to change firmware update filename paths to accessing past archival firmware updates, or basically “down”-dates or firmware downgrades. Anywho, thanks,  … You and NeutronBOB … should we call him Neu’ny, are pretty cool. Isn’t there also a MooseGuy too. Greetings to you all!

I think I am about ready to try on Rockbox for a fit … probably a “hissy-fit” will be more like it, hahah.

… and aaaaaaaaaaa … BTW, why did we somehow stop at “rule five”?:dizzy_face:

Jeff in TX

freesky2 wrote:
Ok, I just took a hammer too it and destroyed it into many pieces. I will never buy a MP3 player from Sandisk again. Totally pissed ex-customer.

You have posted this multiple times in different threads. If you continue to spam, you will be banned for 24hrs to start

Not that anyone is going to be astonished by this news, but 01.02.24 does NOT fix the “white screen of death during video playback” bug. 

i think that if there was any way possible,

a new firmware should allow us to play other media rather than just music off the microsd,

and maybe even allow us to use sdhc cards as well, but thats not as important,

i really do not want to get rockbox because i like the way original firmware works,

but it seems that many of the things i would like to be able to do i can only do on a v2,

and since i didnt know this v1/v2 firmware info when i bought the player, i cant return and get it,

so my only hope is that the next firmware will ‘magicaly’ allow us to do this,

after all, if a 3rd party firmware can have this stuff, why cant the original? 

@tazzat wrote:

it seems that many of the things i would like to be able to do i can only do on a v2,

and since i didnt know this v1/v2 firmware info when i bought the player, i cant return and get it,

so my only hope is that the next firmware will ‘magicaly’ allow us to do this,

If still under warranty, you can always pray that your v1 pukes out, gets RMAed, and they send you a shiny new v2.  That’s what happened to my v1, although I didn’t pray for it to happen, as I liked the Rockbox firmware on my v1.  The really nice thing was being able to switch between the Sansa And Rocbox firmwares at will…

@tazzat wrote:

i think that if there was any way possible,

a new firmware should allow us to play other media rather than just music off the microsd,

and maybe even allow us to use sdhc cards as well…

There is a version 1 firmware wishlist here.  It would be appropriate to post your requests to that thead. 

Doing so, however, is a big fat waste of time.  Not even one request on that thread showed up in the new firmware – Sandisk fixed a bug that no one complained about.  The e200 is discontinued (or will be soon) and replaced by the Fuze.  Sandisk has demonstrated, repeatedly and without exception, that they don’t give a rat’s xxx about customer requests.  It is unlikely that v.1 firmware will ever be updated again. 

The good news is, rockbox firmware provides many of these features (for the v.1 only, so far), if you want to go that route. 

G’luck. 

Message Edited by Twistedaura on 05-24-2008 02:38 PM

well,

then i geuss ill be getting rockbox soon 

I own a Sansa e250 v1 player. 

I tried to use Sansa Updater 1.083 to obtain Firmware version 1.02.24. 

I waited patiently while the green download bar showed me the progress all the way up to 77%, then jumped to 100%.  

Then it said in red letters “The installation failed.  Please try again later.” 

I have tried many times, same result.

Per your instructions, I downloaded the following file and unzipped it:

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/e200/e200v101.02.24a.zip

I changed the MTP to MSC.  When I tried to place PP5022.mi4 and BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom into the

root directory of the Sansa e250, I obtained the following error messages:

Error Copying File or Folder
Cannot copy PP5022: The directory or file cannot be created.

Error Copying File or Folder
Cannot copy BL_SD_boardSupportSD: The directory or file cannot be created.

I did try Copying and Pasting these files onto other areas of my computer with no problem. 

They just don’t want to go onto the Sansa e250.

I’m figuring that there must be some setting that is preventing me from loading them onto the Sansa.

Can you provide any suggestions?   Thank you in advance.

David-

Be sure that the two firmware files are unzipped prior to transfer into the root directory of the Sansa. Also, have the device in MSC mose. Be sure to drag and drop the two files into the open Windows Explorer box, and NOT into any of the folders shown; this box represents the root directory.

If the transfer doesn’t work, unplug the Sansa, and turn it off.

Switch the LOCK / HOLD switch to the right (towards the headphone jack) with the orange bar showing.

Hold the REC button depressed while connecting the USB cable. Keep the button depressed until the device shows up in Windows Explorer (My Computer) as 16MB FORMAT. (Reminder: do not try “formatting” this reserved partition!!)

Drag and drop the two files into this wee beastie, and disconnect.

Turn the HOLD switch back to off.

Success?

Fingers crossed.

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-18-2008 04:24 PM

I went to update the firmware for my E280 to 01.02.24 from 01.02.18A.  I can’t get this player connected to my computer.  It keeps failing to install the driver.  Consequently, there is no drive letter indicated.  Where do I go from here???

Thanks for your help, Bob.  The 2 firmware files were unzipped but still would not transfer.  I unplugged the Sansa, turned it off, and followed the rest of your suggestions and was able to transfer the 2 firmware files into the 16Mb folder.  So far, so good. 

When I connect the Sansa e250 now, I can see all my music folders just like they were before.  Only one MAJOR problem remains.  When I try to operate the player, it thinks there is no music there.  I didn’t reformat anything, and I’m pretty sure my music is still there.  In fact, I checked to see how much memory is available, and it’s pretty much the same as before.

How can I get the player to realize that the music files are still on there???

Thanks again in advance for your help.

David 

@linguini1 wrote:
I went to update the firmware for my E280 to 01.02.24 from 01.02.18A.  I can’t get this player connected to my computer.  It keeps failing to install the driver.  Consequently, there is no drive letter indicated.  Where do I go from here???

This might be a simple problem.  The PC is suddenly looking for a driver, yes?  Were you using MSC mode for transfer?

The default USB communication mode may be set to MTP.  As of late, Windows and MTP have proven to be problematic.  The changes with Windows Media Player 11, and Vista, come to think of it, have required some tinkering.

Try setting your v1 to MSC mode and see if she’s back. 

You can check in Windows Explorer for the current mode status of the device: if the Sansa is listed with a drive letter, it’s in MSC; if it’s listed under “other devices”, it’s in MTP mode.

Bob  :wink:

@davidmelekh wrote:

Thanks for your help, Bob.  The 2 firmware files were unzipped but still would not transfer.  I unplugged the Sansa, turned it off, and followed the rest of your suggestions and was able to transfer the 2 firmware files into the 16Mb folder.  So far, so good. 

When I connect the Sansa e250 now, I can see all my music folders just like they were before.  Only one MAJOR problem remains.  When I try to operate the player, it thinks there is no music there.  I didn’t reformat anything, and I’m pretty sure my music is still there.  In fact, I checked to see how much memory is available, and it’s pretty much the same as before.

How can I get the player to realize that the music files are still on there???

Thanks again in advance for your help.

David 

Have a look at the Music folder of the Sansa while connected in the SAME mode as used for transfer.  Use Windows Explorer / My Computer.

Are the files there?  Select under “folder view”: show hidden files.

In MSC mode, go into the SYSTEM folder and delete the DATA file in there.  This is your Sansa’s database of files.  When you disconnect, the database refresh message will pop up on the Sansa, and it will build the new database from scratch.  Let’s see if the old one was corrupted.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Would this work for a e250?

I have updated my v1. player with the v1. firmware but now wen i turn it on the blue scroller lights up but the screen doesnt work!

please help! im desperate! :frowning:

Perform a soft reset first.  Press and hold the power / menu button for 15 seconds, release the button, then try restarting as usual.

Bob  :wink:

yep i have tried that more then once… still not working…

i has a question, i have the sansa e260 v1 is the european version so it cant tune FM radio but maybe if i install the american firmware with FM radio enabled or the european firmware, can i have radio on my sansa??

please answer me my mail is mrllou@hotmail.com

thanks

Message Edited by mrllou on 07-23-2008 03:17 PM