E200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

I was able to restore a working firmware using 1.02.165 using the recovery information posted elsewhere here.

Message Edited by modeltom on 07-20-2009 12:51 PM

Hi everybody,

from one day to another my Sansa doesn’t play the music anymore (videos play). I get a start screen saying that there is not enough space for the Music-DB and that I should clear 6 MB (according to my PC I have approx. 160 MB free space). Sansa also claims that the music folder is empty. But when I connect it to the computer I can see that the songs are still there. But some folders (music, pictures, playlist, system) are marked as “hidden” whereas the video folder isn’t hidden. So I marked all those folders as not hidden and then disconnected and re-started the player but it’s still the same. After connecting it to the PC again the previous folders are back again to “hidden”.

I already downloaded the firmware but it didn’t change anything. I’d be really glad if anybody had an idea. Thanks a lot!

@stripes wrote:

Hi everybody,

from one day to another my Sansa doesn’t play the music anymore (videos play). I get a start screen saying that there is not enough space for the Music-DB and that I should clear 6 MB (according to my PC I have approx. 160 MB free space). Sansa also claims that the music folder is empty. But when I connect it to the computer I can see that the songs are still there. But some folders (music, pictures, playlist, system) are marked as “hidden” whereas the video folder isn’t hidden. So I marked all those folders as not hidden and then disconnected and re-started the player but it’s still the same. After connecting it to the PC again the previous folders are back again to “hidden”.

I already downloaded the firmware but it didn’t change anything. I’d be really glad if anybody had an idea. Thanks a lot!

And this post belongs in the Firmware thread why exactly?

Did you check the FAQs? In particular the one that is titled

My player says “Please Free 6mb”, how can I fix it?

thanks for the link!

I’ve read as many threads on the e250 as I could find. I still haven’t found my answer.

I have the e250v1. I just updated to .24 And it does not detect my 8gig microSD card. Is there anything I can do for it to work?

@jamesmtl514 wrote:

I’ve read as many threads on the e250 as I could find. I still haven’t found my answer.

I have the e250v1. I just updated to .24 And it does not detect my 8gig microSD card. Is there anything I can do for it to work?

8G would be SDHC, not SD.   SanDisk firmware does not support SDHC in this player but Rockbox firmware does.  See RockboxFAQ SansaFAQ

I would be surprised if SanDisk releases a new firmware for this device (but what do I know?).

after the upgrade it restarted but now it hangs with greenbox in that progress bar show on top as “refresh database”…nothing happens from there…pls help me…

Try the upgrade again. Sounds like it didn’t complete. Or look in the FAQ for the Refresh Database fixes.

I have 2 sansa Mp3 players, a 1mb Clip and a 2mb e250. I learned about the need for firmware upgrades when the Clip acted up. Now I have the latest firmware and sansa updater and it even plays playlists.

However, I couldn’t get even a properly edited playlist to run on the e250. Then I noticed the firmware was 1.1.07, far below the current standard in these threads, even though the sansa updater recognized this device as well and appeared operational. I also tried upgrading the firmware many times using the directions in these forums. I can get the e250 to open the 16 file (putting hold switch on and holding rec while inserting the USB into my PC), but extracting and pasting the firmware just won’t take hold. Vista won’t eject the drive when it’s in use per one instruction, and as I’ve said, changing to another drive and then ejecting doesn’t make any difference. Nor does safely closing the device per normal Vista USB procedures.

I’ve actually tried both the 1.02.24 firmware and the 3.01.16 firmware since the e250’s back cover says V2 and delete is a device submenu option. Nothing sticks, firmware update-wise.

Now the device is behaving badly when playing audiobooks (stalling at various stages before actually playing a track, or stopping mid-track), so it definitely needs a firmware upgrade for more than its playlist behavior.

The organization of these threads, with many software asides but few links, is making the process even more frustrating.

Hello everybody

I read a lot but I did not find a post with a similar problem. 

I have an E260 and the minor problem is that some music files are not detected by the player.

So I read that it is possible/necessary to update the E260. I have downloaded the updater.

But it doesn’t work.He is searching for updates for hours and meanwhile the internet-connection is nearly totally blocked. 

So I read that I can update the player manually.

I have downloaded the file pp5022.mi4. (has to be the correct)

But it is zipped.

I tried to unzip the file with winrar and winzip but both programs don’t “want” to unzip the file because the .mi4 is unknown. 

Question: how can I unzip the file???

Thanks in advance

A mi4 file is already unzipped. Did you get it from the SanDisk site? 

A firmware update may not help you find files. Read hereabout missing songs and ID3 tags. 

Hey can somebody help me with my e250 because I turn it on and says “Load main image failed Switch to recovery mode”

What do I have to do?

I’ve tried the Sansa Firmware Updater but it says Update Service not Available.

The back of my Sansa says Model: e260 but the updater says Sansa e250.

Don’t mess with Texas!

Your “main image failed” means that the firmware “image” has a problem.  No worries, follow the steps here to use Recovery Mode.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Hello,

I have two version 1 e270s.  This evening I attempted to upgrade to 1.01.02.24 and I think both player are completely hosed.  After the upgrade they turn on, but I never get any sansa logo or anything close to it.  The screen is all white and it does not change.  I attempted to perform a recovery by putting the hold key on and holding the record button as I plug in the player.  That did not work either.

I did not write down my former version of firmware, but it was 1.00.2 or something close to it…  I did not expect to have a completely unusable device after the upgrade.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance,

-John

Call 1-866-SANDISK and have them help you in realtime.

I’m having the exact same problem. I can’t even run recovery again. Mine is an e260. I know it’s old but it’s sturdy and I like using it.

No matter what I do, I only get the white screen. I don’t even get a locked error when I turn it on with the lock in the on position. I don’t want to get rid of this. Customer support will only handle this through email now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kesra wrote:

I’m having the exact same problem. I can’t even run recovery again. Mine is an e260. I know it’s old but it’s sturdy and I like using it.

No matter what I do, I only get the white screen. I don’t even get a locked error when I turn it on with the lock in the on position. I don’t want to get rid of this. Customer support will only handle this through email now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your memory chip inside might have become dislodged. See this postfor a picture and read the posts before and after it for a description on how to check it.

Nothing seems to be loose. I took it apart and put it back together with no results. It still shows that obnoxious white screen without ever even turning off. I have to do a hard reset to turn it on. It doesn’t even respond to the lock being in place. I think it may be the end for my little Cuthbert *sigh*

I’ve also tried hooking it up to the computer, putting it in the fridge, and removing the battery.

Awww . . . you let little Cuthbert ‘chill out’ for a while in the fridge to see if that would help? I gotta say, that’s a new one on me!

Did you press down on the the foam pad on the back on the memory chip while you had it apart to see if it would re-seat?

I did. Just put it back together after cleaning. Everything is in place where it’s supposed to be.

As for the fridge thing, someone reccomended it somewhere when he/she kept getting the white screen.