SanDisk Guru

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.301)

DulceAndGabana wrote:

I just got mine and it pretty great..  

You just got your what?

SanDisk User

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information about the Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.301).

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

nayan007 wrote:

Thank you for providing the information about the Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.301).

Is this really necessary on a 3-year old thread? Smiley Indifferent

SanDisk Guru

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.313)

The latest build Updater (1.313) has an improved interface, finally allowing a group of devices to be addressed simultaneously.  Previously, it was necessary to plug in one device at a time, as the secondary devices wouldn't be queried.

I like being able to toggle the promotional screen back.

Bob  Smiley Wink

When will it work with Windows 8?

SanDisk Guru

I haven't had an opportunity to tinker with Windows 8 as yet, but see if the situation is similar to Windows 7:

Locate the SanDisk > Sansa Updater link in the Start menu.  Right click on it and select Properties, then the Compatibility tab.  I can assure you, the Sansa Updater runs natively in Windows 7 (I have compatibility mode deselected currently).

As for Windows 8, perhaps selecting Run As Administrator will help, as the application wants to run in the background.

As mentioned above, simply following the manual installation method listed is simple to do, simply download, unzip, and then drag and drop the firmware file to the Sansa's root directory.

Bob  Smiley Tongue

I have a sansa.clip. it works but I cannot get mu computer to recognize it so I can download music on to it anymore. I have windows 7

SanDisk Guru

Your post is not only off-topic for this thread, but for this board as well. Please post in the

Sansa Clip | Clip+ Forum

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.406)

I tried downloading this latest firmware updater, and even though it says 'Compatible for Windows 8', which I have, it says that the Sansa Updater is not compatible with this system.

SanDisk Guru

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.406)

Nobody I know recommends the Updater. Just update any device's firmware manually.

Sansa Firmware Thread