Reply
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-07-2009

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

[ Edited ]

drlucky wrote:

rusik wrote:

Strange thing happened to me  while I have tried to update,

NOD 32  defined the update as a trojan Man Surprised

 

10/31/2008 6:46:22 PM    Real-time file system protection    file    C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaUpdater.tmp    probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan    cleaned by deleting - quarantined    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM    Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaUpdater.exe.

 

 


have you tried updating the virus definitions? if so what version are you running?


Wow, very strange, indeed.   Same exact thing has just happened to me 2 days in a row, now with Updater ver 1.2.1.0 , more than 1 year later!  Also using NOD32 (updated daily).  NOD32 thinks it's a version of Win32/Genetik trojan.

 

12/7/2009 12:45:58 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaUpdater.tmp probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined.  Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Users\-----\AppData\Roaming\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaUpdater.exe.

 

 

Message Edited by Wotan6 on 12-07-2009 01:49 PM
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Sansa FUZE
Mediamonkey
Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell XPS 410
Dell Studio XPS 1645
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎02-05-2010

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.211)

I plugged my 4gb Fuse in and was prompted to download the update so I did. Everything for the update ran fine. I was prompted to either keep my current files that could be deleted later or delete them now and start over. I chose to keep and delete later. Now I cannot pull up ANYTHING off my player. Looking at my player info on windows media player it says I have 607MB remaining but it will not show me any of the music that is already on it. Looking at the folder through My Computer says there is nothing to show. It will still play all the music that was on there, it just won't show it to me on my computer for me to edit it. My players screen is shattered so I have no idea if it's showing up on screen or not. I essentially have a Fuse Shuffle.

I tried to pull it up on my work computer also and the same thing happened, nothing showing up except the status bar telling me it's almost full.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 15,982
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.211)

The firmware update probably changed the USB mode setting back to the default MTP. Your music was most likely transferred in MSC mode. Your computer can only see files transferred  in 1 mode at a time.

 

With a DOA screen, you're probably going to have to force MSC mode to see (or edit) your content on the player. Lock the power switch (down) and hold the |<< button while plugging the player's cable (already connected) into the computer.

Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎02-05-2010

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.211)

That worked! Thank you!
Newbie
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎03-26-2010

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.211)

I cannot get the updater to install either, what is the problem isn't it being supported any longer by Sansa?

I know how to update manually but I would like the option of trying out the installer and decide for myself if it is worthwhile or not.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 15,982
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.211)


Stogie wrote:

I cannot get the updater to install either, what is the problem isn't it being supported any longer by Sansa?

I know how to update manually but I would like the option of trying out the installer and decide for myself if it is worthwhile or not.


 

Trust me, it's not. Nag-ware, through & through.
Newbie
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

theres just one wierd thing about sansa firmware updater.

when i try to look for updates it just says update service not available can anyone help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

thanx 

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 15,982
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)


mikho_boy_57 wrote:

theres just one wierd thing about sansa firmware updater.

when i try to look for updates it just says update service not available can anyone help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

thanx 


 

Please try to control yourself. One exclamation point or question mark is quite sufficient.

 

If you want help, you probably should explain what model of player you have and what the current firmware version is. Also, the Updater really isn't necessary to update the firmware; you can do this manually in just a couple of minutes. The only need for the Updater is if you want/need the Sansa Medai Convereter; that's the only way to get it.

 

But, having said that there are alternatives to that too that many think work better. So see, you don't need the Updater at all. Smiley Wink

Newbie
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-25-2010

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

I am attempting to update the Sansa Updater v1211 of 2009 to my Sansa e250R Rhapsody - model number on back says: E250R, bootup shows Rhapsody logo, Settings >> Info >> Version is 1.02.165

When I download the latest updater, and run it, it shows me as Sansa E250, 2.0GB, Version 1.02.165

I do have the player in Rhapsody mode

My operating system is Windows Vista

The updater get stuck in updating at the point where it says: "Updating...   Sansa Updater needs to restart in order to complete the update." When I click on "OK" then nothing happens.

What may I be doing wrong, or what may be wrong to get stuck at this point?

Where would I find the files to manually update my version of my Sansa?

 

D

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 15,982
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)


dgardi1 wrote:

I am attempting to update the Sansa Updater v1211 of 2009 to my Sansa e250R Rhapsody - model number on back says: E250R, bootup shows Rhapsody logo, Settings >> Info >> Version is 1.02.165

When I download the latest updater, and run it, it shows me as Sansa E250, 2.0GB, Version 1.02.165

I do have the player in Rhapsody mode

My operating system is Windows Vista

The updater get stuck in updating at the point where it says: "Updating...   Sansa Updater needs to restart in order to complete the update." When I click on "OK" then nothing happens.

What may I be doing wrong, or what may be wrong to get stuck at this point?

Where would I find the files to manually update my version of my Sansa?

 

D


 

You're not doing anythng wrong. Version 1.02.165 is the latest firmware available. It's also the last one; there won't be any more as this model is long discontinued.

 

So there's no need for the Updater.