Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

I,m new to the Forum, but not a technical newbie.  I have 30 plus years communication and computer experience.  I bought an 8GB Fuze (plus 8 GB external) and decided to upgrade the firmware to V02.02.26A, although everything seemed fine with my V02.10.09A.  I tried the automatic way first and it worked like a charm, so I didn't bother with the manual method...it seem easy enough.

Can anyone tell me the additions and improvements over the version I just updated?  Thanks everyone!

CHALLENGER
Bill . . Florida

8GB Sansa Silver Fuze, Firmware Version V02.02.26A
SanDisk Guru

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

You can read the change log for the latest firmware update in the Firmware post in the Fuze board. That will tell you what got fixed and/or enhanced with this latest release.

You might also check the change log in the previous f/w update post, to learn what was introduced in that version. Smiley Wink

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.205)

Hi,

I have a sansa clip and use it with a windows media player and it was running fine until last night.  Now I can't seem toconnect to the media player and sync any of the music that I purchased.  The clip does not show as being a device on thelist when I click on options and then device. I had to change the settings in the USB mode to the clip to msc to download anaudio book from audible.com. I have downloaded everything from sans website and still I can not sync my clip to mediaplayer.  I use XP/ser3 and firefox as my browser.  What do I do to sync my music to the clip

SanDisk Guru

josephg wrote:

Hi,

I have a sansa clip and use it with a windows media player and it was running fine until last night.  Now I can't seem toconnect to the media player and sync any of the music that I purchased.  The clip does not show as being a device on thelist when I click on options and then device. I had to change the settings in the USB mode to the clip to msc to download anaudio book from audible.com. I have downloaded everything from sans website and still I can not sync my clip to mediaplayer.  I use XP/ser3 and firefox as my browser.  What do I do to sync my music to the clip

Switch your Clip back to MTP mode. MTP is necessary in order to be able to 'sync' with WMP.

[ Edited ]

i changed the setting to mtp but my clip is not visible on my media player.  what happened?  it was working fine and now i cant get to it.  this is very frustrating.  i have done everything i can think of doing and dont know where to search to reload the player so that i can download he music i bought. 

i am not getting any dialog window to set the sync up manually or automatically.  usually this message is shown when the player is first installed.  what can i do to get this to work.  this doesnt happen if the all the gb are used does it?

Message Edited by josephg on 05-15-2009 10:32 PM
SanDisk Guru

Try the advice given in the last 2 paragraphs of this post by fellow Guru and all-around nice guy Neutron_Bob.

Any further problems I suggest posting in the Clip board. Tagging onto the latest Sansa Firmware Updater thread in the Updater board is, shall we say slightly 'off-topic'. Smiley Wink

I just got a fuze about 4 months ago and just figured out what a firmware update is. As of May 28,2009 when was the most recent to come out and when is the next if you know?
SanDisk Guru

Bucknut1996 wrote:
I just got a fuze about 4 months ago and just figured out what a firmware update is. As of May 28,2009 when was the most recent to come out and when is the next if you know?

Did you check the 'stickied' Sansa Fuze Firmware Update thread in the Fuze board?

And no, after the last posting glut/fiasco surrounding the late release of the update, I doubt we'll ever get advanced notice of a f/w release again.

SanDisk Guru

Tapeworm wrote:

Bucknut1996 wrote:

Did you check the 'stickied' Sansa Fuze Firmware Update thread in the Fuze board?

And no, after the last posting glut/fiasco surrounding the late release of the update, I doubt we'll ever get advanced notice of a f/w release again.

You may be right....and I completely agree with the term "fiasco". You could even go so far as to say it was a bunch of Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.210)

I have a question and need some help.  I have a c250 sansa and was informed that there was a firmware update available.  I ran it and followed the instructions, after I unplugged the device it finished the update but when trying to turn it on for use it gets to the sandisk screen and just stops there.  I have read through some of the other posting and tried various suggestions but I still cannot start the device up to use it. here is the information when I use the 16mb method to open on my computer, I am running xp sp2:

Version Info:   Product Rev.: PP5022BF-06.10-S301-06.10-S301.01.00PRT
Base Code: 06.10-S301-06.10-S301.01.00PRT
ODM Ver.: S301-06.10-S301.01.00PRT
OEM Ver.: S301.01.00PRT
Build Type: RT
Build Date: 2007.01.06
Build Number: (Build 23.01)