Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

hi finally i can downloaded sansa updater but when i install it show error :Installation failed ,pleas try again.

how fix it , internet is ok.  ,how update sansa clip frimware? it is possible update manually ?

how backup from recently my frimwrae(01.01.18 F)or plz give download link so it's may use 01.01.18 f after update.

THX sorry for bad english
SanDisk Guru

You can manually update the firmware. The Updater is not needed. The post with the link to it and instructions are here.

It's easy. I'm sure you can do it. Smiley Happy

SanDisk User

my battery will not charge bc of the firmware update that SanDisk has . Period, ive tried on every kinda of computer PC and Mac and USBs of all types and no matter where I take my unit and USB cable to, its not charging the batter and I have it in the USB Auto Detect mode the whole time and still dont work.?? will a firmware downgrade eradicate this problem???
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

I've not heard of this phenomenom where firmware caused severe battery depletion or hindered it's ability to charge. It's 2 different systems.

How old is your player and/or battery? Maybe it's just time for a replacement. Or the charging circuitry could be faulty.

I would recommend however, that you do not use the Auto-Defect setting. MSC mode allows the player to be recognized easiest by a computer, but some people prefer MTP. Just manually select the one that you prefer.

Another possibility is that your cable is bad. You say you have tried different computers and USB ports. Have you tried switching the USB modes and a different cable, or for that matter maybe an AC wall charger?

You can certainly 'back-date' your firmware or revert to a previous version if you want to, but I really don't think that will solve the problem. What player and firmware version do you have now?

Edit: Just noticed you've got 2 other posts asking about this same issue 2 weeks ago in the Fuze board. Have you tried calling Tech Support as suggested in those other threads?

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 02-11-2009 04:51 PM
SanDisk User

problem is that I have checked the cable from the unit and all systems recognize it but issue still states as prior as youve mentioned that absolutely no one has helped me or responded to me but you . i really think there is a way to downgrade the firmware. other problem is that I have no way to call sansa tech support period and they dont have online tech support via texting capabilities. i just need to find out what to do  and if you could please help me??
SanDisk User

model 8IO803AVCK-8Gb and firmware version of 1.01.22A on my musick player is what I have and cable is still good.
SanDisk Guru

Here's a link to the post with the 01.01.11 Fuze firmware, but as I said, I seriously doubt this will help. I believe you have a bad unit that needs to be replaced! If you cannot return it to where you bought it, you should really try to contact SanDisk again about replacing it for you. It has a 1 year warranty.

SanDisk has Tech Support Centers all over the globe. Here's a link to the contact information for all of them. I'm not sure where you are or why you can't call one, but I would certainly attempt to contact them again (by phone or e-mail).

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.205)

I was just wondering if anyone else is experience the same problem with the Sansa firmware update version1.205. After the update I think I lost the ability lto fast forward a Netlibrary book or bookmark it. I tried to rerun the the update but ofcourse the version was already installed on my machine so it would not do anything. Is there some sort of work around for this? I've had the old version for almost a year
SanDisk Guru

What player do you have?

And please remove the SPAM & link from your sig.

- Thanks Smiley Wink

SanDisk Guru

menexis wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone else is experience the same problem with the Sansa firmware update version1.205. After the update I think I lost the ability lto fast forward a Netlibrary book or bookmark it. I tried to rerun the the update but ofcourse the version was already installed on my machine so it would not do anything. Is there some sort of work around for this? I've had the old version for almost a year

That was an update to the updater, not to any player's firmware. It shouldn't have any affect on the operation of any Sansa player.