Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk Senior User
SansaMe

The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.406)

[ Edited ]

Sansa Firmware updater

Sansa Updater Version 1.406 Release notes

This new version of the Sansa Updater has some new features and enhancements. The original Sansa Updater will inform the user that the new version of the Sansa Updater is available and it will install the new version if selected.

New Features and Enhancements

• This version supports Windows 8, 32 and 64bit versions.

Bugs Fixed

• Sansa Updater run in the background without UI and never exit when player is up to date.
• Sansa Updater fail to launch when launching from the installer.
• The cleanup process was improved. 

Known Issues

• The updater may behave unexpectedly is more than one Sansa MP3 players are plugged in

Ueland

Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.200)

I Just got screwed by the new updater...

It informed me there was a newer updater, and new firmware.

So I click install, it downloads the updater, deletes my old updater, then informs me it can not run on win2k !!!!!   WTF  it didnt even leave my working copy intact!!

Is there anywhere I can get the OLD version of the updater that DOES work with win2k

HELP!!!!

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

You really don't need the Updater. It's just as easy to manually update your firmware when a new release comes out. This is a seldom-occurring event, so having the Updater hang around waiting to be used, trying to connect and searching for updates every time you plug in your player is a PITA and totally un-necessary. Besides it's a drain on your system, slowing it down. Most people who have had their Sansas for any length of time have deleted this useless piece of crap-ware and just update manually when the need arises.

There is always manual updating instructions in every firmware release notice here on the forum. Besides, you may want to wait on updating to see if there are any 'new' bugs in it before loading it on your machine. Sometimes it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back. :smileywink:

Ueland

Apparently your missing the point... I know how to do everything manualy etc etc... but its an effort I'm not willing to put forth watching for updates. Hence the Updater served a purpose by doing that FOR me. As for the resource use, I realy don't think thats an issue.

If the new updater was not compatible with my system, it should not have destroyed the old version before finding that out. hence me being pissed about it. 

So the Question still stands, where can I get the version of the updater that WILL run on my win2k sys. 

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

You could try e-mailing a request for the previous version here:

Suggestions and comments regarding the SansaUpdater:
Email us at sansaupdater@sandisk.com with the following information:
1) Sansa device model
2) Firmware version on your device
3) What computer OS you've installed the SansaUpdater
4) Problem you're experiencing

rusik

Strange thing happened to me  while I have tried to update,

NOD 32  defined the update as a trojan :mansurprised:

10/31/2008 6:46:22 PM    Real-time file system protection    file    C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaUpdater.tmp    probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan    cleaned by deleting - quarantined    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM    Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaUpdater.exe.

SanDisk Guru
drlucky

rusik wrote:

Strange thing happened to me  while I have tried to update,

NOD 32  defined the update as a trojan :mansurprised:

10/31/2008 6:46:22 PM    Real-time file system protection    file    C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaUpdater.tmp    probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan    cleaned by deleting - quarantined    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM    Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaUpdater.exe.

have you tried updating the virus definitions? if so what version are you running?

rusik

NOD 32 Ver. 3.0.621

Virus signature database: 3573 (31/10/2008)

Win XP , SP3

ashkan

Hi All , my name is askan, i am neweb ,yesterday i bought sansa clip 2gb,unfurtunatly i can not download sansa updater 1.2, Plz this file upload on other uploader site and give me link.my sansa clip is version 01.01.18f. 

how backup from this frimware?or plz give me download link 01.01.18f and latest frimwre for my sansa.

with my best regards

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Have you read this post further up this thread?

The firmware update links, instructions, & details about the release are in the stickies (shaded posts) at the top of the Clip board. There are 2 different hardware version models of the Clip. Make sure you get the correct firmware version for your player. The posts warn you and advise you on how to tell the difference. :smileyhappy: