Re: The Latest Sansa Firmware Updater (Version 1.406)

[ Edited ]

I just downloaded and installed the newest Updater Version 1.406. then launched it. It it telling me I have a 250 Sansa and the firmware it is downloading is older that the player I have,and that is not correct. My Sansa is a e260 version 0.1.02.24a. What is wrong with your software updater? Also in the instructions for manually updating the firmware. You said to put the files in the root directory. If I open the drive letter for the sansa in "my computer". Which folder are you referring to as the "root". I am asking because there is a "Data" folder that has file names similar to the new files downloaded. Or, do I just extract the zip file to the Sansa name and it will then go to the proper directory?

SanDisk Guru

1.  The Updater is outdated and is a piece of crap.
  2. It doesn't matter if it says you have an e250 when you actually have an e260. The firmware is the same.
  3.  The latest firmware version for your v1 player is 01.02.24. The Updater cannot update anything if your player is already updated to the latest.
  4.  If you need to 're-apply' the firmware to fix a problem, do it manually; don't use the Updater.
  5.  You can find the firmware for all SanDisk's models in the Sansa Firmware Thread.
SanDisk Guru

The "root" directory is the uppermost floder, like the C:\ drive on your computer. You should see

MUSIC

PHOTOS

VIDEOS

FM RADIO

RECORDINGS

DATA

etc.

This is your 'root' directory. Place the extracted .bin file(s) alongside these folders, not in any of them.

Hi, I'm new and bought the Clip Sport a few weeks ago.It is all good so far but I can't even install the Firmware Updater.It will appear a little window where you can see only a little bit of red in it without the option to maximize the window.So I can't go on with the installation.

Anyone knows something about that?

SanDisk Guru

Frankly, it's just as easy to manually update the firmware. You don't need the Updater. You can find the latest f/w update for the Clip Sport by clicking here.

Ok thx,I know that I can install the FW also easy in that way but I just was confused that I could't install the Updater.And btw the thread you linked here is not up to date,there is FW 1.17 shown as latest not 1.22.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Thanks for the heads-up re: the link. I'll notify management so they can change it.