Sansa Updater fails to install

Just as athletes each have their specialties, like a cycling climber or sprinter, the Fuze+ shines in some areas where others struggle a bit.

Such is the case with video and image files and the Fuze+.  I prefer the tactile controls of the Fuze and e200 models, but the touch control quirkiness of the Fuze+ isn’t an impediment when enjoying video or browsing image files.  I can take video formatted for the earlier Sansas, even video clips shot with my Nikon, and simply plop the microSD card into the Fuze+ for review.

The above link has the specifications for you.  On the boards here, the video4fuze application, written for the earlier Fuze, works fine, as well as AnyVideoConverter found (free) on the Interwebs.  The Sansa Media Converter works well, but it suffers from the same technicalities that all video-specific applications do, and that’s the licensing issue.

The Sansa Media Converter can only be acquired via a circuitous route: you have to install the Sansa Updater first, then with the Fuze+ connected and recognized, run the Updater.  After a few moments, the Sansa Media Converter will show up as an available update.  It’s a weird route, but by having the device connected, the server recognizes that you do indeed have a Sansa device, and you can then access the Media Converter download.  This had to be done to satisfy the media licensing requirements of the vendors.  SanDisk is stuck in the middle of that equation.

The Sansa Media Converter was written for the Windows platform (32 bit), so you may have to run it in compatibility mode if you are running Windows 7.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: