Sansa Media Converter Build 4.256 & 4.263: Download Details and Release Notes

P.S. Apparently there is NO MODEL NUMBER for the Fuze.  The FUZE identification is simply “FUZE.”

My favorite thing about the Sansa Media Converter is the way it literally quadrupals the size of all the media files it converts.  It just makes you wonder - how DO they do it?  I guess the same way the program itself is over 100mb!!!

Your LINK takes me to a blank page with a yellow Shiled down in the bottom left hand corner with DONE written by it

Is there anything that Sansa can do properly or do they make a balls up with their websites as well as their firmware,

software & Hardware

Tony Arnold (Director)

www.helios-electronics.com

Dear Slotmonsta

Your LINK

Download Sansa Media Converter   

Takes me to a blank page with a yellow shield down in the bottom left hand corner and the word DONE written beside it

Is there anything that Sansa can do profesionally ?

Tony Arnold (Director)

@arny wrote:

Dear Slotmonsta

Your LINK

Takes me to a blank page with a yellow shield down in the bottom left hand corner and the word DONE written beside it

Tony Arnold (Director)

For a Driector of a compny which I have used in the past and is very good ( I had a great experiance), I expect more from you… Do you have a pop-up blocker? I bet you do and if you turn it off that link will work. There is no text on the page it is a about:blank page that opens and a download window pops up. This is how most professional companies do it.

@arny wrote:

Dear Slotmonsta

Your LINK

Most likely your firewall or anti-virus software is blocking it from downloading. I get a yellow bar across the top of IE and a warning sound. I just have to click on the bar and tell it to download. Then it does fine.

Arny wrote:

Dear Slotmonsta

Tony Arnold (Director)

well i bet they can spell professionally correctly unlike you.

Hi, is this program compatible with Vista 64 bit?

I have not been able to install the program itself on my Vista 64-bit PC. I get the message, “Internal Failure, Error Number 0x80040707, Description: (none provided)”  followed by another dialogue box that says, “Severe, Error loading DirectX DLL (0x100)” 

I have had no problem installing the program or using it on my XP computer.

I’m suspecting that this may be yet another program that doesn’t work on 64 bit Vista… :s

Thanks.

Message Edited by moonstar on 02-06-2009 05:51 PM

It works with 32 bit Vista Ultimate. I am thinking that you are right this is another program that wont work with 64 bit. Try some of the work arounds on this board. Try any video converter (That is the name), to make a file that is compatable with your fuze.

PLEASE allow SMC to function (_as the help file specifie_s) when the player is NOT attached to the PC.

I had no problem converting videos to my FUZE until I used up my space on my internal memory.

When connecting my FUZE and running SMC, the external memory is not recognized.

The help section said that if the player was NOT connected that SMC would save the output file to the temporary directory.

I was going to try this and then transfer the output video manually to the external card (copy&paste thru Win-Explorer)

This doesn’t work either as the  CONVERT button is grayed out if the player is not plugged in.

I guess I can find another conversion program to do what this is supposed to do since according to the previous posts; SANSA is not responding to the SMC program complaints.  This is an easy fix – Just allow the program to save the output file to the local drive.

FYI (to other users reading this and want to try another convertor):

Output: Video DivX, 224 X 176, 20 fps;  Audio MP3 128k

After scouring the net I found: Rhapsody is compatible with FUZE and can be used as an alternative transport/conversion program for the SMC.

Message Edited by daryl_daniels on 03-01-2009 01:04 AM

@spido wrote:

Good luck to those of you struggling to make sense of Sansa’s software. Sansa *really* needs to UPDATE and CORRECT its software, because end-users should not have to struggle for days on end, just to get a program function like the Convert button to work!

I totally agree to that - I have tried several alternative video converters with many different settings now, without any success.

The original SMC software is total ■■■■. The support hotline suggested to use “Any Video Converter Free” as an alternative, but this does not work either. The e200 V2 is definitely the last MP3 player from SanDisk I bought.

@alectronic wrote:

I totally agree to that - I have tried several alternative video converters with many different settings now, without any success.

The original SMC software is total ■■■■. The support hotline suggested to use “Any Video Converter Free” as an alternative, but this does not work either. The e200 V2 is definitely the last MP3 player from SanDisk I bought.

You have a v2. So do I. I used to think like you, not anymore. All my converted videos have been perfectly in sync for the last few months. Have you looked at this thread: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=smc&thread.id=1447

For the record, I have been using WinFF and the settings in the post Arseno linked too and also Avidemux he was kind enough to share knowledge of. I haven’t done any 2 hour movies, but I have successfully converted approx. 100 half-hour TV shows and various downloaded .flv videos using these tools and then finalizing the conversion and transfer with SMC to external memory cards. They play perfectly fine on both my e280v2 and Fuze players.

I have linked to this thread myself many times in helping others having video difficulties. It may not be the only solution, but it is one that works. And both the suggested programs are free to download.

A big round of applause and heart-felt thanks should go out to both ArsenoLupino and themichael for sharing their knowledge, expertise and experience in these matters.

is this also for the sansa clip

@whocares wrote:
is this also for the sansa clip

No there is no need for it as the clip doesnt play video or photos.

I had recently downloaded and installed the above SMC build; it works fine however, on my next boot of the computer it totally slows down the PC; it takes forever to startup. OS is Win XP Media Centre SP3, are there any solutions?

Thanks

@viclobocga wrote:

I had recently downloaded and installed the above SMC build; it works fine however, on my next boot of the computer it totally slows down the PC; it takes forever to startup. OS is Win XP Media Centre SP3, are there any solutions?

Thanks

Strange . . . I haven’t personally experienced this, nor have I read any other’s posts here complaining of it either.

All I can suggest is un-install it, re-boot to confirm the computer works properly without it, then re-install it and see what happens.

When I follow the link I get this message

Access Denied

You don’t have permission to access “http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/SMC” on this server.

Reference #18.55417b5c.1253645885.341eb79

Any ideas?

@louie2323 wrote:

When I follow the link I get this message

Access Denied

You don’t have permission to access “http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/SMC” on this server.

Reference #18.55417b5c.1253645885.341eb79

Any ideas?

Check your firewall settings or anit-virus software. Either one could be trying to protect you by blocking downloads.

I was just now able to follow the link & D/L without any problems at all. :smiley:

Why make it so incredibly hard to find out how to download the media converter. This is a good unit, made poor by a lousy user experience on your website. I mean, didn’t you just ask someone once to take a run through to observe their experience? Just trying to find where to download the video converter, so I can load a simple AVI file, should not be the job of a techie! I mean, really! All it takes is a link - DOWNLOAD MEDIA CONVERTER HERE - on your Sansa homepage… Duh!