Need Sansa e250 software Download

Can I get a link to download a software for my Sansa e250?

Thanks

3 Likes

Sure, it’s the 3rd post down from the top of this board. It’s titled Sansa Firmware Thread.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it.

i need to download the software of sansa e250 as virus has hang my model and ifound it no where.

@akshayagarwal wrote:

i need to download the software of sansa e250 as virus has hang my model and ifound it no where.

If you mean the firmware, it’s still right where Tapeworm said in the second post. There is no other software you need for the operation of the e250.

That may not really be what you need, however. It is extremely unlikely that your firmware has been infected by a virus (it would require that the virus was written specifically for the e200 series, and that’s never happened before).

Have you tried a simple reset? Press and hold the power button on the player for 20-30 seconds, then release it. Then press the power button again briefly and see if it powers up and works as it should.

1 Like

I’ve got to wonder . . . do these people even read the thread they post in?

Don’t lose sight of the fact that not all of us speak English natively.

As the Sansa is indeed plugged in to a computer as a mass storage device, viruses can be transferred.  This is the same for all removable media, so be diligent and have anti-virus software on every computer.

A virus would most likely not affect your player, though corrupted files can cause difficulties.

Here’s the firmware thread for you.  The firmware is different for each model of e200, check here for information on which type you may have.  The v1 device also has recovery mode to restore the player.

microsansa

thanks

Hi,thanks I got the software for Sansa e250.

how you get this softwaer Because i need it

Did you happen to notice a thread called Sansa Firmware Thread in this board? It’s 3rd from the top.

@einwelt wrote:

how you get this softwaer Because i need it

Did you happen to notice a thread called Sansa Firmware Thread in this board? It’s 3rd from the top.

Just as I said in the 2nd post of this thread.

1 Like

is there a way to reset my sansa e 250  ?  just a few days ago i had my sansa e250 in my pocket .i work outdoors and the temperature went from 30 degrees to 70 degrees by late afternoon . i had my sansa in a shirt pocket and was wearing a jacket . when i took my jacket off and went to play my sansa i had sweat from my shirt and it covered the front of my sansa . on my wheel mechanism,my screen and the direction wheel sweat covered .after that day i dried it best that i can …however it turrns and off  …when i do not touch it at all …when i charge it …it turns on and off . recently i wanted to listen to music  i tried to set it to an album …but it goes to my sselection menu  and shut off. when i could lidten to music it would play about 2 songs …and then shut off …even now as i am writing to you i have it charged via usb port and it shuts on and off …now it has been 10 so far…hasn’t shut off    can you help me to restart or do you have some kind of download i can use   

dewayne logan  

tktman373@comcast.net 

If the scroll wheel or main board have moisture (condensation) on them, all kinds of interesting things can happen.

Probably the best trick is to take a small bag and a handful of dty rice.  Place the e250 in the bag and let the rice absorb the moisture for a day.  Alternately, place the Sansa in a warm dry location for a while.

If the device is plugged in already, the charging operation does produce warmth as a normal byproduct, helping to dry out the device.

Resetting the e200 is done by perssing and holding the menu / power button for about 20 seconds.

You can reinstall the firmware by looking up the Firmware Thread in the highlighted “stickies” at the top of this forum page.  The directions for manual firmware installation are there.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@jenpuca7 wrote:

Sansa Firmware Thread

You will need to know what hardware ‘version’ you have though, v1 or v2. There is different firmware for each and they are not interchangeable.

aaa

I need to download software for Sansa e250

@tata1963 wrote:

I need to download software for Sansa e250

Read the 2nd post above yours and follow the link.