I have the Sansa Sandisk MP3 player that I bought in the fed and I need to unlock it. I need Help

SanDisk Guru

Re: I have the Sansa Sandisk MP3 player and I need to unlock it.

[ Edited ]

Are you talking about one acquired while serving a term as a guest of the state or federal prison system?

If you're out, you'll have to send it into the company that provides these to the BOP (Bureau Of Prisons). For a price they will unlock it for you. They apparently have a locked-down firmware version on it that only they can over-ride.

This post (and entire thread) discusses the issue:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Help-with-firmware-upgrade-replacement/m-p/292543...

SanDisk User

Re: I have the Sansa Sandisk MP3 player that I bought in the fed and I need to unlock it. I need Hel

This is hilarious. For unlocking, the forum is the last place you ever could get. You may need to search elsewhere about this though.
SanDisk Guru

Re: I have the Sansa Sandisk MP3 player that I bought in the fed and I need to unlock it. I need Hel

@ jimmyghd - What's hilarious is that you responded like this to a 7 month-old thread. Smiley Frustrated

And all searching will do is result in the advice already given; to pay the fee to get it unlocked.

Here is a link on how to do this for anyone that comes across this.

How to Unlock Federal Prison MP3 Player

PS: I know this is an old thread, but its the first one that comes up in google.

What is the address to the place where I could send my sandisk in so I could have the Federal code taking off so I can listen to it now that I'm home
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Did you click on any of the links in the previous replies in this thread? Smiley Frustrated