I have the Sansa Sandisk MP3 player that I bought in the fed and I need to unlock it. I need Help

SanDisk Guru

Re: I have the Sansa Sandisk MP3 player and I need to unlock it.

[ Edited ]

Are you talking about one acquired while serving a term as a guest of the state or federal prison system?

If you're out, you'll have to send it into the company that provides these to the BOP (Bureau Of Prisons). For a price they will unlock it for you. They apparently have a locked-down firmware version on it that only they can over-ride.

This post (and entire thread) discusses the issue:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Help-with-firmware-upgrade-replacement/m-p/292543...

SanDisk User

Re: I have the Sansa Sandisk MP3 player that I bought in the fed and I need to unlock it. I need Hel

This is hilarious. For unlocking, the forum is the last place you ever could get. You may need to search elsewhere about this though.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: I have the Sansa Sandisk MP3 player that I bought in the fed and I need to unlock it. I need Hel

@ jimmyghd - What's hilarious is that you responded like this to a 7 month-old thread. Smiley Frustrated

And all searching will do is result in the advice already given; to pay the fee to get it unlocked.

Here is a link on how to do this for anyone that comes across this.

How to Unlock Federal Prison MP3 Player

PS: I know this is an old thread, but its the first one that comes up in google.

What is the address to the place where I could send my sandisk in so I could have the Federal code taking off so I can listen to it now that I'm home
SanDisk Guru

Did you click on any of the links in the previous replies in this thread? Smiley Frustrated

SanDisk Guru

Here is the info you need

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12839/ 

Where do I send my ATG MP3 player for deinstitutionalization and warranty services? 

Below are links to get information and required forms for ATG MP3 Player deinstitutionalization and warranty services.

Deinstitutionalization (remove special security features but preserve content stored on the device)

Warranty Service (within first 60-days from date of purchase)