How to upload videos on sansa fuze - sansa media converter

She doesn’t read the dang forums anymore cuz she’s all " satisfied " now so boo to us I guess!?!?!?!?!

ya, i installed all of these, it still won’t work, honestly, I’m starting to get really p-d off with this thing!

@slyxr: driverx9 may be directx9? I’m not sure about that one, but I’ve never heard of needing that to use video conversion

@metalguitarist: what part of the process are you stuck in? what kind of video files are you trying to convert? 

well i did what Angel said and *DANG all my problems with video conversions are gone.

I think my codecs were not up to date.

Has anyone here  rip a DVD straight into an mp4 (thru DVDFab Platinum for example) that is Sansa-playable? if so what setting would one use? Platinum does not have an option for a Fuze player. They have it for mp4s for Ipods, PSP3, etc. though.

Also do I have to use SMC to transfer the video file if I am able to get a playable mp4 straight from a DVD Ripper? or can I just drop it into the Fuze’s Video folder in Explorer?

Thanks. 

i really can’t download my videos on the sansa… i tried first with rapsody but while trasfering the file it got stuck at 30% and now with Sansa Media Converter it gets stuck at 49%… someone please help me :frowning:

Yes i think sly is right. Sorry about that. Its directx9. I don’t know why we need it though :confused: My videos, photos, and music works fine! As long as you have all the stuff you need to download, it should work! Honestly! If not, call them up! 1-800-Sansa. :]

the option to convert doesn’t even appear. how is that fixed? it just stays grayed out when i have a video to be converted…even when the Fuze isn’t connected, it still doens’t work…

Not all are from america and can dial 1 800 at any time… :neutral_face: …can u explain in few steps whole process, what to do, in what order etc… for us europian people…

ty in advance…

edit:

Nevermind i found out how to upload videos… and unlike you i will explain how to do it…

1. Take video u wanna upload and convert it to .mp4 (MPEG4) with AnyVideoConverter (www.any-video-converter.com), with this settings: rezolution at 320x240, vid bitrate 384 or close to that and audio 128kbps/44100khz…

2. Now turn on Sansa Media Converter and convert/upload that .mp4 (MPEG4) file and it will work…

in my case i used A-Z Converter instead AnyVideoConverter but there is no difference i think…

note: u must have -K LITE CODEC PACK and - DRIVERX9 (directx9) installed…

Admins this is full working way to upload vids to Sansa Fuze and i didnt found nowhere else full instructions how to do it so u can use this as sticky because i see 99% Sansa Fuze users have same problem…

This is all for Sansa Fuze i dont know will it work for other Sansa products…

cheers…

Message Edited by psyd on 10-24-2008 07:04 AM

Thanks psyd.

You said:  “…note: u must have -K LITE CODEC PACK and - DRIVERX9 (directx9) installed…”

My questions: 

1  Where are those items you mentioned obtained?

2  Anyvideoconverter, when ripping from dvd, appears to have a lower limit of 2000 on the video bitrate and 720x480 is the default resolution; it’s grayed out and apparently can’t be changed.

The Help section of AVC isn’t too helpful.  I’m assuming you go into the directory of the DVD, go to videos and select one of the .VOB for conversion.  True?

Message Edited by blackdog-sansa on 11-01-2008 02:44 PM

After trying everything I still can not get a video on my sansa fuze. This thing is the worst waste of money ever. You need to be a rocket scientest to get a video onto it. Shame on sansa for selling a product that can not be used the way they represent it. I am surly going to send a complaint to the better business bureau and consumer affairs.

WHAT IS K LITE CODEC PACK AND DRIVERX9?

@ny007ny wrote:

After trying everything I still can not get a video on my sansa fuze. This thing is the worst waste of money ever. You need to be a rocket scientest to get a video onto it. Shame on sansa for selling a product that can not be used the way they represent it. I am surly going to send a complaint to the better business bureau and consumer affairs.

There are a few things we need to know before we can figure out what the issue is.

what OS are you running?

what version of SMC are you using?

what is the file type of the videos you are trying to convert? 

where did the videos come from? 

what exactly is the error you are getting when you try to convert videos?

have you tried converting the videos with rhapsody?

let us know and i am sure we can figure out what the issue is.

Message Edited by drlucky on 11-12-2008 10:27 AM

@noki wrote:

Has anyone here  rip a DVD straight into an mp4 (thru DVDFab Platinum for example) that is Sansa-playable? if so what setting would one use? Platinum does not have an option for a Fuze player. They have it for mp4s for Ipods, PSP3, etc. though.

Also do I have to use SMC to transfer the video file if I am able to get a playable mp4 straight from a DVD Ripper? or can I just drop it into the Fuze’s Video folder in Explorer?

Thanks. 

I use anydvdconverter and if it’s an MP4 I transfer it to an AVI file.  I don’t think MP4 works for SMC (I think I tried and that’s why I transfer them to AVI).  AVI seems to work well for the SMC.  And if it’s allready converted, the ADC takes very little time. 

I don’t know if I have -K LITE CODEC PACK and - DRIVERX9 (directx9) instealled on my computer or not, sorry.  I just put anydvdconvert and SMC on my computer and it works.  For the ADC and then SMC.

First off my computer skills are not the best. I have a newer computer with vista and i have the latest divx player, wimpy.  wmp 11, gom,vlc,rp11 as my dvd/ vid players. I dl the smc and the free version of adc 2.76 i belive is the version. I didnt dl the K LITE CODEC PACK and - DRIVERX9 (directx9).  I also didnt set any of the parameters for the conversion i let the anydvd converter do it atoumatically. I converted a vid to mp4 telephone and 1 to the mp4 custom. Both vids converted and dl to my fuze 4gb player no problems. The both play nicely and the sound is good also.   Maybe its beggineers luck but it seemed pretty easy to me. Thanks to the posters who explained the procedure.:manhappy:

K-Lite Codec Pack?  As far as I’m concerned, those things are evil.  Is there any other way to get this done without the K-Lite Codec Pack?

I have all of this and assume the DRIVERX9 is referring to Direct X9. This SMC works fine with the e200 but I have several videos that won’t transfer to the Fuze. What gives? This doesn’t make sense and points a finger at the Fuze.

@sbmongoos wrote:
I have all of this and assume the DRIVERX9 is referring to Direct X9. This SMC works fine with the e200 but I have several videos that won’t transfer to the Fuze. What gives? This doesn’t make sense and points a finger at the Fuze.

Did you convert the video first before using the SMC?  I think 98% of the videos I converted first has worked.  It could even be 99%.  Most didn’t work because the anydvdconverter software wouldn’t do a few (I don’t know why, but that’s fine).  Mine are all .avi format when I use the SMC.

Alright guys. I have been messing around with my e260r all day. Of course I tried and throw on some movies but with no luck. I found this and applied it… Now it all works! So steb by step.

1. Install  QuickTime 7 —> Link: (QuickTime 7)

2. Install K-lite Codec Pack —> Link: (K-Lite Codec Pack)

1. Install DirectX9 —> Link: (DirectX9)

2. Just make sure you have Windows Media Player 10 or 11

3. Install Sansa Media Converter —> Link: (Sansa Media Converter)

4. Restart your Computer, then CONVERT AWAY! 

All of these are a MUST have in order for it to work. 

Let me know if you have any problems! Thanks!

Message Edited by e260bbq on 12-12-2008 12:19 AM

Message Edited by e260bbq on 12-12-2008 12:20 AM

Yeah, I did all that and SMC still fails half the time, easily.