Follow this procedure when the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool won't work!

@whturner wrote:

Thanks for the help - it upgraded my white box connect to WiFi and after logging onto Yahoo (without choosing any service, only updating my old e-mail and user ID) I now have INet radio with a number of stations which work pretty well over my home wireless network. It does DND from explorer and syncs with WMP OK. A couple of oddities which I wonder about.        1) After updating the firmware, my ZAP showed as 1.2.0.58335r, and OS = 1.2.0.58835 — NOW ( next day) it has changed to ZAP=1.1.2.65799r and OS = 1.1.1.50239. Every thing appears to work the same however; did I get a firmware download while I was playing with the INet radio?     2) There is also new menu item “Zing Server” which lists the pack name, version and primary and secondary server. Is that normal?  3) What Yahoo service do I have - I see a small Y! symbol at the top right of the screen.                                                                                                                                               Many thanks and cheers Warren

1. No; the version numbers you are seeing are associated with the firmware files ( file names beginning with “everest” and “yeverest” ) that you either downloaded when you ran the recovery tool, or downloaded in the zip file from megaupload.com.

1. Yes, that’s normal.  Zing is the company which used to handle the firmware and audio stream authentication for the Connect.

1. The Y! symbol is just indicating that when you use the Internet Radio function, you are streaming audio from Yahoo (actually, now owned by CBS Radio).  There is also a Flickr photo function, which is associated with Yahoo.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 08-23-2009 02:06 PM