Re: [Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

How the hell is the View a "mature product"? I have dairy products that are older than that.
SanDisk Senior User

Smiley Very Happy
SanDisk User

I think it is mature because they realized they can't actually fix it with a firmware update. 
SanDisk Professor

They can. Or at least they can help with the Rockbox project. (so can youSmiley Wink)

SanDisk Senior User

Take it easy, time is money and since the web has been so kind to inform its viewers in the last few months with the news of Sandisk being in the process of being bought you should just wait patiently. Sandisk has not really said anything on the matter.  Remember that good things come to those who wait, and if your desperatly in need of new firmware, go help out at rockbox. I have latest firmware and i have no problems, i never did. No freezing, no shuffle problems, computer always detects it etc. and with wraparound file viewing being added soon, its looking ok.
SanDisk User

how do you know that wraparound will be added soon? oO
SanDisk Senior User

specnaz01 wrote:
how do you know that wraparound will be added soon? oO

And let me add:  after you answer that question, can you also point us to the acquisition news?  I have a vague feeling that I read something somewhere, but a 5-minute google search turned up nothing (except that Sandisk has some interesting new SSD technology coming down the pike).  Smiley Sad

-Matt

SanDisk User

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/349/C16101/

Here's a story I found, with a very telling picture.

SanDisk Senior User

Thanks Zach!  I'm having that "OH YEAH!" feeling.  Samsung...right...  Now where did I see it...?

-Matt

I really wish for a FOLDER VIEW in the next release.  I had an E260 with Rockbox on it just so I could have folder views on it.  I can't find any of my music on this view at all and whenever they release rockbox for this I'm definitely switching to that unless the Sansa View can finally figure out how to make it work.  I don't have time to memorize every song or artist to figure out what I want to listen to and some days I feel like listening to certain types of music but since the SANSA MASHES ALL SONGS TOGETHER I'll never find what I want and end up skipping 10 songs for every 1 that I want to listen to at that time.