Re: [Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 .... Will There Be Another Update?

Really solid input Yelped, everything is crystal clear now.  Smiley Indifferent    Keep up the good work. 

The View from here.... well it freaking sucks, thanks Sansa!

SanDisk Senior User

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Re: [Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

I have noticed that there has not been a firmware update for quite some time now (over a year ?) and people are still having issues with the view.

the only issue i have, which isn't really an issue, more of a request for the next update (if there is going to be one) is this:

i have a neo jukebox (product no longer manufactured and company out of buisness) installed in one of my vehicles and it has a great feature for driving, once you scroll to the artist->album and start playing, it will continue to play all music in listing order. this is a great feature while driving as you are not constantly distracted by choosing the album or artist to listen to, also works great in the garage while working, don't have to constantly touch the player while your hands are all greasy.

i know that view as a play all feature, but it won't let you skip ahead to a particular artist->album

would it be possible to incorporate this feature in the next firmware update ?

thanks 

SuperDave........ if you're waiting for that update I'd start shopping around for another MP3 player.   This thing is almost unusable and they won't even address those issues, no way their going to work on/update a 'feature' in my opinion. 

We should turn this into a "Which MP3 player are you ditching your View for" thread. 

SanDisk User

(We're probably now due for a Yelped retort about how it's not Sandisk's fault...)
SanDisk Senior User

Ain't that the truth! Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]

yelped wrote:
Please, stop doing this. It won't help you or SanDisk. And SanDisk does not deserve this since it is a situation out of their control. If you want there is a certain other company who deserves every product they have to sit on the store shelves who is responsible for this.

What a funny reply.

Please answer this question: who's responsibility is this? Mine as customer?

Frankly, I bought a Sandisc player. From a Sandisc retailer. I don't care who programs the firmware- as long as it's working. And if it's not working, it's Sandisc's fault.

It's OK for me if they buy firmware and other stuff from another company- but if they actually make buissness contracts which don't include warranties and software support, they are- forgive me the wording- not acting like an professional IT buissness but like a garage shop run by a 12 year old.

So, maybe the firmware bugs are not their fault in a "technical doing" view of thing- but they are still responsible for it. If they don't manage to build a new firmware, the customers *at least* should be noted on that.

The way it is now, with the customers being left in the dark, is just one thing: the plain proof for me that one should *NEVER* buy *ANYTHING* from sansa again, because they don't care about their products once you bought them and show no professional responsibility.

And to come back to your post:  If they act that way yes, they *deserve* this.

Message Edited by Jazzer on 09-10-2009 01:44 AM

Very well put Jazzer, I for one will never give SanDisk another of my hard earned dollars on any product and encourage others to do the same. 

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

BloodNinja wrote:
....I for one will never give SanDisk another of my hard earned dollars on any product and encourage others to do the same. 

Not even for the new Clip+? I can't wait to get an 8GB Clip+. All I'll need do is move my 8GB card from my Fuze and be able to listen to all 15GB of FLAC music on it...once I load all of the internal mem with half of that amount. Smiley Happy
Message Edited by MartyLK on 09-11-2009 10:44 AM
-Daptist.com - soon to be up and running-

[ Edited ]

Marty, surely you jest?   On principle alone I'd never buy another Sansa/Sandisk product after the complete and utter failure the View has been for me. Good luck with the Clip if you feel like giving some more money to these jokers. 

What we need is a companion site to anythingbutipod.com, anythingbutSANSA.com.   

edit

Went and added a comment on anythingbutipod's review of the View, looks like it's well documented piece of junk but one more word of caution can't hurt.

www.anythingbutipod.com

Message Edited by BloodNinja on 09-11-2009 01:36 PM