[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

Other than a slightly improved firmware version, S.S.D.D. :wink:

I’m back on 06 myself. 

Message Edited by shadow98fl on 09-09-2008 03:53 PM

@nickd wrote:

Been off this board for over 6 months now, purchased a View, 16Mbyte for my wife at Christmas time last year with version 01.01.06A firmware, still working fine.  Ha, only problem is that 16Mbyte is not nearly enough.  So what’s with this version?  Improvements?  Back then, upgrades were going backwards, recall installing version 01.02.09A that created problems and going right back to version 01.01.06A.

Oh the problems we had when we first got that thing, but forgot just about everything about it.  Wife asked me if I wanted my own MP3 player, I found she had an old Technics SL-D33 turntable, restored that to new condition and having fun with that, LOL.

She remembers how to make playlists using Windows Media, I forgot about that too.  Is there an easier way to make playlists today?  Is SanDisk providing software now?

Nothing has really changed.

Message Edited by eddiehaskell on 09-10-2008 08:17 AM

Yes, something has changed.  Six months ago, I might have considered buying another SanDisk product like the View.

Now I know - never buy a product like this without visiting forums to read accounts of bugs in the product and to see the manufacturer’s response.  SanDisks utter disregard for customers like me is really annoying.

Never again. 

Agreed …

Sansa may create great hardware, but their poor software development, lack of real support and general disregard for customers makes them just another turd in the toilet. My advise to others looking to purchase an MP3 player … look somewhere else, or at least purchase as a bargain bin item that supports 3rd party firmware.

As a software developer, I really despise companies that have no clue on how to manage support of their customers. Why pretend.

Scott.

Those new Ipod nono’s are starting to look really good.  It just ticks me off to spend another $200 on another new MP3 player when the View is only 9 months old.

Yep, Sansa could have really kicked their butt with this one.  They were ahead of the curve.  Instead, not only have they been caught… theyve been passed.

If I was shopping now though?  Even if I knew nothing about the View and it’s problems and buggy firmware… I’d get a 16gb Nano or Zune.  Both are simply much more polished and elegant products than the View. 

So one person says the shuffle problem is fixed, and another says it’s not. What’s the deal? That’s really my biggest concern at this point and will decide if I upgrade or not.

It is NOT fixed.

That said, go ahead and upgrade.  I upgraded a while ago and haven’t noticed any new problems.

I’ve been trying to update my Sandisk to the most update firmwire, however have been having some troubles. First of all, The Sansa Update only shows up once in a while, and when it does, it stops downloading the update halfway through, saying there were some troubles. I’ve tried to manually turn on Sansa Update, but couldn’t, (error saying "Only Sansa Service can open this file). I’ve manually downloaded the firmwire and TRIED to put in on the root directory, but again, failed because it kept saying “Cannot copy Bitmap: The Device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected”

Is the “slow fast forward” on music ever improved on new firmware? Or is there any way introduced to skip 30 min worth of music in a long file? I am considering returning Sansa view if this problem is not fixed. 

Fast forward we got  only skip one minute of music in 5 sec or so, and it takes ridiculous amount of time to skip, say,  30 min of music. 

No, the fast forward with the 1.03.02 FW is frustratingly slow on podcasts, etc. It’s interesting that it works fine on the e200 series.

I wonder if Sandisk have any intention to implement fast enough “fast forward”. I can not believe that fact that Sandisk does not fix such a simple problem. I don’t think implementing accelerating forward or something like that is hard at all. It is quite a disappointment. 

They still can’t get the rewind to work reliably, that’s another simple/basic function on a media player that should work regardless.

Can someone tell me why i cant update?

I have the updater installed and it does nothing when View is connected. Anyone know why? I have tried opening it manually by going to Program Files etc. and it just opens a folder full of different languages.

I have downloaded the zip f update but i cant find out where the Root Directory is, can anyone tell me?

The root directory is after you open the click on the “internal memory”, that is the root. You’ll see all the folders for music, pictures, video… Drag the 5 files to there and then unplug, let it install.

I do worn you, I just went back to 01.01.06 so that my player wouldn’t take 10min to start up.

I have a 8gb view with a 8gb sandisk card and with latest 2 firmware updates there were times it wouldn’t even come off of the sandisk screen or at least take ten minutes! 

Here I thought I didn’t want a IPod, now I know I should have paid the extra for one. At least their products work, just hate ITunes.  

I emailed customer service with a reminder that the most recent (now several months old) firmware did not fix some of the problems that have persisted since the View was released.

Here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical support.

We would like to thank you for pointing this out to our attention. We have already forwarded this information to the proper personnel for review.

As of now, we cannot give you any precise answer concerning the matter you have presented but rest assured that the assigned department will greatly consider it for our product improvement.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,

Not too reassuring.

@craigp wrote:

I emailed customer service with a reminder that the most recent (now several months old) firmware did not fix some of the problems that have persisted since the View was released.

Here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical support.

We would like to thank you for pointing this out to our attention. We have already forwarded this information to the proper personnel for review.

As of now, we cannot give you any precise answer concerning the matter you have presented but rest assured that the assigned department will greatly consider it for our product improvement.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,

Not too reassuring.

I realize the phrase du jour is that the View is a “mature” product.  Common sense suggests we’ll never see another firmware update, and if we do, it won’t have the bells and whistles that other units (e.g., the Clip) are getting.  Still the fact that the View is prominently placed on the Sansa product website suggests either (a) they are hoping to shamelessly dump a unit they have no desire to support, or (b) it is still in their product cycle, and is just getting less development/support attention then the other units.  

Call me a fool, but I’m still hoping for option B.

-Matt

@sansamatt wrote:

I realize the phrase du jour is that the View is a “mature” product.  Common sense suggests we’ll never see another firmware update, and if we do, it won’t have the bells and whistles that other units (e.g., the Clip) are getting.  Still the fact that the View is prominently placed on the Sansa product website suggests either (a) they are hoping to shamelessly dump a unit they have no desire to support, or (b) it is still in their product cycle, and is just getting less development/support attention then the other units.  

Call me a fool, but I’m still hoping for option B.

-Matt

When was the last time you saw someone from Sansa on this forum… They used to reply with useful info every day or so in the beginning. I say that tells a lot…

V

@vroom wrote:

When was the last time you saw someone from Sansa on this forum… They used to reply with useful info every day or so in the beginning. I say that tells a lot…

V

I completely agree.  I started out a Clip owner, and got my first impression of this forum on the Clip side.  Too bad the Sansa man is so easy to spot over there, and never to be found here…

-Matt

How the hell is the View a “mature product”? I have dairy products that are older than that.